Job Responsibilities : Accounts Receivable Specialist
Salary : $64600 per year
Company : Eversheds Sutherland
Location : Remote US
Click Here : Apply Now
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is primarily responsible for processing cash receipts daily to accounts receivable and appropriate general ledger accounts. Frequent communications with members of the firm to provide support for transactional inquires relating to payments received and ad hoc reporting as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accurately identifies and timely enters all current day cash receipts into the accounting system. This includes wires ACHs and checks from lockbox.
- Efficiently research and resolve payment discrepancies by working closely with the accounting team and other members of the firm. This may include additional explanation or providing supporting documentation.
- Validates and processes credit card payments.
- Resolves credit balances through reapplication or refund as instructed.
- Processes write-offs as instructed with proper approvals.
- Provides timekeeper and net investment reports for client audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Finance Accounting or Business or an equivalent combination of college course work and experience in Accounting will be accepted.
- Prior accounting in a legal or similarly sized multi-office professional services organization is preferred. Five years of experience working in Accounts Receivable preferred.
- Must possess discretion in working with confidential data general ledgers and chart of accounts.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite and Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of Aderant or other billing software is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Interacts with personnel in all levels of the organization in a tactful cooperative and professional manner.
- Acts with honesty integrity courtesy and respect in all instances.
- Possesses and conveys an outstanding client service approach for both external and internal clients.
- Recognizes that all Firm personnel are clients and acts accordingly.
- Performs responsibilities in accordance with all Firm standards policies and procedures.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant experience & geographic location. The range for this position is $51700-$99200.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race color religion sex (including pregnancy childbirth lactation and related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender (including gender identity or expression or transgender status) national origin age disability genetic information marital or familial status domestic violence victim status ancestry amnesty citizenship status ethnicity military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.