Job Responsibilities : Pavement Management Engineer
Salary : n
Company : Ada County Highway District
Location : Garden City, ID 83714 US
Applications are now being accepted for a Pavement Management Engineer in Planning and Programming. This is a full-time exempt position. Starting wage is $72592 – $83408 per year/DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical vision and dental insurance paid maternity/paternity leave paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the supervision of the Planning & Programming Manager the Pavement Management (PM) Engineer is responsible for the data collection reporting and evaluation of existing pavement conditions of public roadways.
- Based on the data collected the PM Engineer determines the prioritization selection type and timing of maintenance work to be completed on ACHD roadways.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with GIS data providers programmers contractors the general public and other District employees.
- Performs various computer and data manipulation tasks for the pavement management portion of the District’s Geographic Information System.
- Knowledge of structural design of highway and municipal pavements using current design methods and software as well as pavement condition assessments and pavement construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of planning project management principles and practices as well as principles and practices of civil engineering.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations traffic safety and procedures and policies and standards for roads and developments.
- Must be able to utilize mathematical engineering and statistical calculations.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing including working with citizen groups as a facilitator and a leader supervising the work of others and preparing clear concise and comprehensive reports.
- Requires an active Idaho Professional Engineer license or a PE license from another state with the ability to obtain an Idaho PE license within six months of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or geotechnical.
- OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources. This position will remain open until filled.
Applications are available at 3775 Adams St. Garden City ID 83714 or by selecting one of the following links:
- Online Employment Application
- Employment Application (Microsoft Word format)
- Employment Application (Adobe Acrobat format)
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations