Job Responsibilities : Administrative Assistant I
Salary : n
Company : City of Melbourne, FL
Location : Melbourne, FL US
Educational requirements : High School
The incumbent performs a wide array of administrative clerical tasks requiring the application of independent judgment initiative and office knowledge. Work involves standard clerical duties including typing filing office machine operation maintenance of records and checking the accuracy and completeness of various forms and memos. Assignments usually consist of statements of desired objectives. Work is reviewed by observation and for results obtained.
- Generates a variety of forms records statements and reports including correspondence requisitions briefs bulletins agendas minutes and various other items using office equipment including a personal computer and copy machine.
- Acts as receptionist; receives and dispenses information by telephone letter or by direct contact with co-workers vendors or the public.
- Enters payroll information and prepares timesheets for processing.
- Tracks various types of leave usage within the Division.
- Maintains filing system including records of documents and correspondence located in the administration building and at the record retention locations.
- Assists Superintendent in the processing of various records and reports related to the activities of the Division such as budget and governmental reports.
- Assists in the processing of purchase requisitions purchase orders work orders petty cash including record keeping routing coordination of activities and preparation for payment.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Receive disseminate and track construction plans for the plan review process.
- Performs other assigned duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses Certifications or Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Knowledge of current office practices methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English spelling and arithmetic.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of a computer and various application programs including Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word Munis.
- Skill in Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Software.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy required; correct 45 WPM preferred.
- Ability to use 10-key adding machine required.
- Ability to maintain records and to prepare reports from such records.
- Ability to understand and communicate the policies procedures and services of the Division to co-workers vendors and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and the public.
- Ability to operate a variety of modern office equipment.
- Ability to design and modify forms with general direction.
- Ability to read understand and apply information available on office equipment hardware and software.
- Ability to understand and adhere to City purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow the Division’s record retention policy;
- Ability to evaluate prioritize and accomplish tasks in a manner consistent with Division goals and objectives.
- Ability to speak hear and understand conversations in English in a normal tone of voice both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to learn complex tasks and remember how to complete tasks without assistance once trained.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks on a computer.
The work is sedentary work and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Additionally the following physical abilities are required: manual dexterity hearing mental acuity reaching repetitive motion speaking talking and visual acuity.
Work is typically performed in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
The City of Melbourne offers a generous benefit package to include:
- 100% City paid medical insurance for employee only; coverage available for family
- Health Insurance opt-out incentive for employees with other medical coverage
- Life Insurance in the amount of 1 times your annual salary
- Additional life insurance to include coverage for your spouse and child(ren)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- 457 Deferred Compensation
- Retirement Plans (FRS local plan for Police and Fire personnel)
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
For more information about benefits visit https://www.melbourneflorida.org/departments/human-resources/employees-only/hr-information-forms-for-employees/benefits)