Job Responsibilities : Operations Manager Delivery Station Support
Salary : n
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- 5 or more years’ experience leading an operational organization in an environment responsible for an overall team of 200-400 employees.
- Experience in operational management operational enhancement and operational change.
- Experience of managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports.
- Experience coaching and leadership skills including evidence of successful career progression and growth internally within operation and establishment of proven succession planning models.
- 5 years+ people and performance management experience.
- Experience implementing delivering large projects and communicating effectively an executive level.
Delivery Station Customer Support Operations Manager
At Amazon we’re working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth and we are constantly improving how we fulfill and deliver customer orders. Our goal is to exceed expectations by continually striving to innovate and provide best in class customer support as we expand our logistics products and services. To improve the customer experience we are establishing a group of delivery station based customer service associates that enables real-time hands-on investigation of where a package is and how Amazon can get it to a customer as quickly as possible. Additionally it provides customer access to local experts who can provide them the most accurate and up-to-date information about their packages and how Amazon is resolving potential delivery issues affecting them.
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is looking for a Delivery Station Customer Support Operations Manager to help pioneer this new method of customer service across North America (NA). In this leader of leaders role you will manage multiple Group and Team managers supporting a network of ~400 Customer Service Associates across ~200 NA Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings unique new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with senior leaders tech teams and business stakeholders as well as legal owners to develop and execute a new kind of Customer Service Model. This position will involve regular communication and engagement with senior management. Cross-team coordination project management and executive level presentation skills will be key to success. The ability to lead remote teams virtually and travel as needed is also required.
This position does require travel as needed across your network of Delivery Stations (20-35%)
- Six Sigma knowledge or similar models such as Lean are advantageous.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent MBA highly desirable
- 5-10 years of leadership and people management experience.
- Strong self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive manage and grow an operations team.
- Strong project management and people management skills.
- Strong business sense and ability to create communicate and achieve a vision.
- Experience driving improvement innovating new processes and driving out waste.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both remotely and face to face.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $68900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered equity sign-on payments and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.