Job Responsibilities : Lead, On Road Execution, XLDS
Salary : $65000 Per Year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Saint Rose, LA 70087 US
Educational requirements : High School
- High school or equivalent diploma
- At least 21 years old and authorized to work in the United States
- Eligible to drive in accordance with DOT requirements
- Hold a valid and active driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Driver Qualification File
- 1+ year of experience delivering training both to individuals and groups
Our Worldwide Operations network delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We are looking for motivated customer-focused individuals who want to join our team as Team Lead On the Road Operations. In this role you will lead and be responsible for supporting delivery associates through each step of the delivery process and tracking delivery metrics. You will also be responsible for training all delivery associates in safety compliance and the operation of the vehicle through all local state federal requirements
Our Operation’s workflow has three major components: First mile – where the product is housed and ready for order; Middle mile – where the order is hauled to your area; and Last mile – when the product is delivered to the customer’s door. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to the customer.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with leadership to coordinate facilitate and measure training related activities for groups of Delivery Associates.
- Track and monitor performance including on road ride behinds to measure on-road quality adherence to standards and identify re-training and process improvement opportunities.
- Support standard work and safety programs.
- Train new Delivery Associates on how to drive and operate the vehicles
- Cultivate and sustain a safe environment high-quality customer delivery professional driver experience and positive culture.
- Be a subject matter expert for Delivery Associates and Delivery Service Partners process areas
- Promote a positive culture for Delivery Associates.
- Ensure all federal state and local laws and requirements are being followed.
- Conduct weekly performance reviews with delivery partners
- Establish trust and credibility by maintaining a high level of integrity communications and professional demeanor.
- Able to work 40 hours/week and overtime as required
- Able to lift 49 pounds stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours and frequently push pull squat bend and reach as well as continuously climb and descend stairs
- Work in an environment where the noise level varies and is subject to variable temperatures and weather (delivery stations include outside loading departments and grocery locations include refrigerated environments)
- 1+ year of team lead experience
- Experience with performance metrics and lean process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to coach train and assist team members
- Solution-oriented analytical approach to problems
- A high bar for accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to develop strong partnerships
- Strong judgment and decision-making abilities
Amazon does not sponsor for immigration including for H-1B TN and other non-immigrant visas for this role.
Benefits include health care (medical dental vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to and following the birth or adoption of a child.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.