Job Responsibilities : Application Support Specialist
Salary : $109000 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : Remote US
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone regardless of background or economic standing has access to affordable convenient and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: Paypal is seeking a GFO Application Support Specialist to join the Global Finance Operations team. This position is located in Omaha NE. The GFO Application Support Specialist will manage and support data maintenance configuration and analytics activities for the Finance organization at PayPal. A successful candidate must be self-motivated have an inquiring mind and proactive nature. This candidate must have proven experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of the company from individual business users to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships / partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables issues tracking and reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform Smart AFI (sAFI) Configuration for Bank Analyzer configuration for DLL and/or SDI unit test creation of test cases and data requirements for testing for products in accordance with the functional specifications
- Configure new objects and modify existing objects within DLL/SDI (InfoObjects Data Sources transformations DSO’s) SDL (Templates Classes Fields) and RDL (Results Data Area fields)
- Review and resolve production defect issues for business users through debugging objects in production landscape
- Bridge business users and the technology organizations. Lead collaborations and discussions among cross-functional teams for effective solution-building or issue-resolution.
- Starting with business questions leverage strong analytical skills critical thinking capabilities and in-depth understanding of our data to collaborate with business users and engineers brainstorm and strategize the “right” solution initiate and document the requirements and associated functional specifications.
- Communicate defect root cause resolution plan and timeline to accounting operations management and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Understand impact various projects and products have on the financial application and associated requirements.
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day to day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem-solving skills excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- 5+ years of SAP and analytics experience in payment industry financial services and/or management consulting firms
- 2+ years SMART AFI configuration experience
- Experience working with SDI (Smart Data Integration)
- Excellent knowledge of SDL and RDL modelling
- Strong Finance/Accounting background
- Experience with SAP
- Experience working with cross –functional and international teams
At PayPal we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial physical and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment employee shares options health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient affordable and secure the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age color national origin citizenship status physical or mental disability race religion creed gender sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity and/or expression genetic information marital status status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. In addition PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements based on expert guidance. Depending on location this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.