Job Responsibilities : ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY RECRUITMENT (Remote HR Jobs)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Ross Stores
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Responsible for the coordination, planning, and execution of University Recruitment activities in partnership with University Recruiting Manager with the overall goal of a successful and efficient college recruitment program for field, corporate, and distribution centers. Responsibilities will include planning and participation in university events ranging from career fairs, classroom presentations resume reviews and mock interviews. Additionally, responsible for posting positions, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, working with candidates to communicate event logistics, assisting with social media activities for University Recruitment. Maintaining a database of candidate interactions and statuses, working with selected candidates to onboard in a timely manner, and maintaining the overall campus recruitment calendar, among other related university recruiting projects.
• Support University Programs to develop and maintain a dedicated recruiting and sourcing outreach strategy for Ross that supports the organization regarding hiring interns and early career professionals; including attraction, selection, and development.
• Execute external outreach activities, with campus community departments and organizations to develop employer brand presence and support the long-term growth strategy.
• Manage candidate development and candidate flow for several areas of the business. Conduct research and sourcing to actively source diverse candidates as necessary. Partner with other HR Associates in Recruiting to track talent in the pipeline.
• Conduct phone, video, and in-person prescreen interviews with potential candidates when needed.
• Manage communication with HR teams and hiring managers through the sourcing process on candidate flow and status of candidates through the search.
• Maintain the candidate database throughout the process: populate the database with potential candidates and networking resources for Ross Stores on an ongoing basis; keep electronic search files maintained.
• Conduct additional research projects to support the Company’s campus recruitment strategy as necessary.
• Position will perform other job duties and projects as assigned
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns, and Prioritizes
• Communicates Effectively
• Organizational Agility
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field.
• At least 1 year of professional experience in recruiting or strategic relationship-building, customer-focused roles
• Proficiency at an intermediate level in Windows Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
• Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to analyze data.
• Ability to work effectively with external partners, human resources, hiring managers, recruiters and candidates.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Maintain confidentiality of all reports and salary information.
• Travel as needed – 10-20%
Job requires ability to work in a remote office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except it cannot be performed in the State of Colorado and New York City.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.