Job Responsibilities : Auto Claims Specialist I- Work from Home (Entry Level Remote Jobs/Hiring)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Mercury Insurance Services, LLC
Auto Claims Specialist I- Work from Home- Northeastern area
Job Category: Claims
Requisition Number: AUTOC009091
This position will be supporting Northeast Auto Claims. Hours are M-F from 8:00am – 4:45pm EST.
Under general supervision, investigates and processes minor to moderate bodily injury claims, auto physical damage and property damage liability claims in a timely and efficient manner as to prevent unnecessary expense to the Company and policyholders. This role is designed for incumbents to develop bodily injury knowledge and skills.
Essential Job Functions:
• Obtains information from involved parties to evaluate facts of loss, including law enforcement reports, witness interviews, initial treatment medical records, to determine liability. Reviews coverage and claims process with customers. Sets reserves, assigns material damage features for inspection, sets up initial rental, and may make referrals to SIU as needed.
• Researches and responds timely to customer inquiries and/or concerns throughout the life of a claim to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
• Identify and escalate files with more significant indemnity exposure or attorney representation to supervisor for review/transfer for further investigation.
• Negotiates, settles, and authorizes payment for injury claims with both legal counsel for represented claimants and unrepresented parties.
• Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week
• Other functions may be assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Insurance Adjuster’s license may be required in applicable states
• Customer service experience required
• 6 months related experience preferred