Job Responsibilities : AVA Remote Scribe (Real-time Text Corrector) – Hiring Part Time/WFH
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : AVA
Remote Scribe (Real-time Text Corrector)
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
PART TIME / US BASED / REMOTE
From your home, allow millions of deaf / hard of hearing people in France to be able to follow their courses and professional meetings . At Ava, the Scribes work on their computer , from home. last between 1 and 2 hours , and they can take place on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Become a Scribe at Ava and put your intelligence, your agility and your dynamism at the service of society, wherever you want, whenever you want!
Who is behind Ava?
We are a social impact tech start-up, made up of passionate creators, with the slightly crazy ambition to make the world accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the 450 million deaf and hard of hearing people.
Both human and artificial intelligence
To provide a perfect transcription of these conversations, Ava combines artificial intelligence (voice recognition) and human intelligence (the Scribe team) . Scribes log into their computers at the time of the meeting and listen carefully to the Ava user’s real-time conversation. They quickly correct all the errors present in the automatic transcription, which makes it possible to obtain an accuracy rate of 99%!
The qualities sought in a Scribe
– Excellent level of spelling and grammar
– Outstanding speed on the keyboard (Test your level at: https://www.keyhero.com/test-dactylographie/test-gratuit/ ) We do not take below 80 wpm and 95% accuracy.
– A good internet connection (> 15 Mb/s)
– A reactive computer (recommended configuration = Dual-core processor 2Ghz or more (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent); 4GB RAM) and updated (Windows 7 or more; MacOs 10.11 (El Capitan) or more)
– Availability during the opening hours of our service from Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
– A quiet workspace
Other essential criteria that can make the difference:
– Natural fluency with digital and new technologies
– Curiosity and openness to the world
– You speak at least two languages
– The habit of communicating actively and effectively with a team
– Responsiveness to emails : notifications for a new session can arrive within 16 hours before the course or meeting, last minute sessions can also be offered!
– Be reliable and autonomous : once engaged in a session, a deaf or hard of hearing person counts on you!
Candidates must be based in the United States.
Please take a moment to fill out a few questions we have and make sure you convey why you think you’d make a good fit for this position.
The Ava Team