Job Responsibilities : Bilingual Program Assistant
Salary : n
Company : Bridgeport Public Schools
Location : Bridgeport, CT 06604 US
- Associate’s degree the equivalent 60 college credits or have successfully passed the paraprofessional assessment exam.
- Demonstrates aptitude for work to be performed.
- Bilingual/Bicultural (Portuguese)
- Demonstrates ability to work well with staff and public.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Requires basic computer skills
- Serves as a liaison between the school the program and the parents
- Assists in the development and implementation of curriculum
- Assists in recruiting and channeling students into special programs in the various schools
- Assists classroom teacher in the delivery and implementation of the curriculum
- Promotes and encourages parent participation and/or leadership in school and district activities
- Assists in registration clerical and other routine duties that improve the classroom/school organization management and atmosphere
- Conducts home visits when all other school resources have been implemented. Where safety is a concern the Program Assistant must be accompanied by other personnel
- Assists in the assessment of students
- Attends in-service workshops and staff meetings where job related as per contract
- Assists in the planning of monthly Parent Advisory Council meetings in assigned schools
- Notifies parents of Bilingual/District parent Advisory Council meetings conferences and workshops
- Assists in school based planning teams
- Assists in the implementation of Education Technology
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To Be Determined
45 Lyon Terrace
BILINGUAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT
AFSCME Job Classification: A010 (10 month position)
SALARY RANGE: $32823 – $44031
Current employees who are members of AFSCME Local 1522 and qualified will be given first preference in filling this position. (Non member applicants begin at 1
step of salary range).
POSTING CLOSES: 12/18/22
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools on-line application web site:
The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.