Job Responsibilities : Care Team Associate – Farmington, CT
Salary : n
Company : UnitedHealth Group
Location : Farmington, CT 06032 US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
Care Team Associates are responsible for various non-clinical tasks performed in support of the case management staff. Care Team Associates may interact with members providers hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Medical management Care Team Associates will also assist in collecting affordability reporting to risk stratify members and identify which members will need a case management program.
ProHealth Central Office in Farmington CT part of Optum has an immediate opening for a friendly patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Management Care Team Associate to join our team. The schedule will be Mon-Fri from 8:00am – 4:30pm. Schedule subject to change at managers discretion.
Enjoy learning the industry organizational design and direction and applying technology. Familiarity with governing entities (CMS DMHC and NCQA) is helpful. Computer literate in Microsoft products Crystal reporting communication software PC maintenance. Experience using databases. Able to read and interpret information with excellent comprehension and retention. Sound decision making critical thinking and analytical skills. Excellent written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with clear and concise written communication. Strong ability to work effectively with physicians and ancillary staff both written and verbally. Ability to perform complex problem solving related to health care quality. Self – motivated with strong quantitative and organizational skills. Knowledge of general IPA operations a plus.
- Provides care plan IDT Notes and Educational tools to providers and members by faxing and mailing
- Organizes and maintains filing system of case management referrals hard copies
- Inputs ICD10 codes and CPT codes into computer for referral
- Prepares assigned correspondence and reports and compiles statistical date as directed
- Receives and reviews Case management / disease management request submitted via mail fax phone portal
- Navigates between multiple computer screens and platforms to research / access / enter pertinent information
- Document information into applicable systems
- Process referrals for case management / disease management referencing job aides and standard policies and procedures to research relevant rules regulations or members specific requirements
- Collaborates with internal and or external stakeholders to correct errors issues or concerns identified with the files
- Meets quality and turn – around times
- Keeping computerized records for submission to PQI information for quarterly and annual reports as well as to individual health plans and groups as required. Maintains and organizes all Case management Reports. Accurately uses database and systems for documentation tracking and trending
- Manages a case load of members who require Disease management outreach
- Member outreach as requested by case management staff
- Assists with QI / Compliance projects as assigned
- Other duties as may be assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2+ years of hospital or clinical office setting experience
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR)
- Experience with data entry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Associate Degree
- Medical Assistant Training
- Background in Care Management
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health you can play a role in creating a healthier world one insight one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race gender sexuality age location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today however there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.