Job Responsibilities : Accountant Associate
Salary : $70000 Per Year
Company : Boise State University
Location : 1910 University Dr, Boise, ID 83725 US
Click Here : Apply Now
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise ID Hybrid
Categories: Finance Accounting
Boise State University powered by creativity and innovation stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills cultural contributions work history and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome respected and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups including women BIPOC (Black Indigenous and People of Color) those with disabilities members of the LGBTQ+ community those who have served in the military and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
University Financial Services (UFS) is a unit within the Division of Finance and Administration. You will be joining an intentionally built culture with a strategic focus. The team follows the Enterprise Operating System (EOS) to drive results. All members of UFS are involved.
UFS’s value words are:
Team Oriented: understands the dynamics of the team; works cohesively and inclusively to accomplish a common goal.
Gets Things Done: prioritizes tasks and achieves the end goal.
Continuous Improvement: intentional commitment to making things better every day.
Ethical: honesty and integrity guide personal and professional behavior and judgment.
Adaptable: adjusts to change being flexible versatile and cooperative.
Problem Solver: identifies and understands the interrelated components of an issue and seeks to implement solutions.
Respect and Inclusivity: demonstrates care concern and consideration for the perspective needs and feelings of others.
Develop and maintain records documents and financial data that encompasses a variety of financial activities typically including: budget payroll and benefits accounts payable/receivable accounts reconciliation travel purchasing and similar supporting functions. Perform professional accounting work and other duties as assigned.
- Ensuring the integrity of the University’s financial accounting and reporting systems.
- Safeguarding University assets.
- Preparing complete unbiased and timely disclosures and financial reports.
- Providing effective and efficient accounting and operational support while complying with University federal state and regulatory financial guidelines.
This position has the opportunity for hybrid and/or flexible scheduling.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments initially routine in nature requiring limited judgment and decision-making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.
- Research and analyze data for accuracy trends and variances to ensure appropriate accounting procedures have been followed for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and University policy. Prepare and process journal entries as assigned.
- Audit analyze and verify fiscal records and reports. Prepare financial and statistical reports reconcile general ledger accounts and assist in preparing both internal and external financial reporting requirements. Maintains complex spreadsheets.
- Routinely makes decisions regarding proper processing booking and reporting of transactions. Reconciling account balances and external statements maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedure.
- Responsible for general ledger segment maintenance.
- Review and process campus journal entries for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for cross-validation rule maintenance and creation.
- Reconcile analyze and audit assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepare analyze and/or audit financial records and documents.
5% of the time the Accountant Associate will perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to dependably meet goals in a timely and accurate fashion and work well under periods of pressure.
- Demonstrated skill in multi-level spreadsheet development and manipulation.
- Maintain a professional attitude amidst difficult and stressful times and demonstrate a sense of ethics while performing daily tasks.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Starting salary of $47000 per year. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Employee contributions: 6.97% University contributions: 9.27%
Health Insurance Premiums https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/medical-prescription-dental-and-vision/
Tuition Fee Waiver: for self spouse and dependents https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/tuition-fee-waiver-benefit/
Flexible Spending Accounts
Cover Letter and Resume.
Advertised: December 13 2022 Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: January 5 2023 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time