Job Responsibilities : Project Support Specialist (Part-Time) City Clerk’s Office
Salary : n
Company : City of Coral Springs
Location : Coral Springs, FL 33065 US
Educational requirements : High School
Under limited supervision the purpose of the position is to provide responsible complex administrative support to the assigned department or assigned supervisor. Employees in this classification function in a lead capacity and are accountable for the accuracy of both routine and non-routine administrative support duties performed as dictated by the nature of department. Position performs essential duties for a large operating unit a specialized unit or as primary administrative support for an organization official. Position is distinguished from that of the Office Assistant by the degree of accountability of the work greater latitude in exercise of independent judgment concerning assigned duties and the ability to function with a higher degree of independence. Only projects which entail technical or highly complex matters are given close attention by the immediate supervisor.
This position provides complex confidential and specialized administrative and project support to department management. Employees in this classification function independently to recommend solutions and are accountable for the accuracy of both routine and non-routine duties performed while using their best judgement.
- May serve as Office Payroll Expert
- May serve as office accounts payable expert
- Coordinates the fulfillment of public records requests
- Coordinates and publishes City meeting lists and public notices
- Coordinates the set-up of City Commission meetings
- Assists in City Commission and various public boards/committees’ agenda publication and distribution (meetings may include early morning and evening meetings)
- Attends and records public meetings and provides minutes of the meetings
- Researches and generates routine to complex correspondence including memos agendas orders reports forms manuals or other relevant correspondence.
- Manages and leads one or more projects set forth by the department coordinates project activities collaborates with project team members develops measurable project goals and objectives and monitoring progress toward achievement.
- Researches compiles data and provides initial analyses or results to key decision makers and offer suggestions for improvements and interpretation as appropriate.
- Attends meetings conferences and briefings to document subject matter and provide input as requested; may take and transcribe dictation.
- Performs a variety of routine to complex administrative functions i.e. data entry typing report processing documentation proofing.
- Provides great customer service on the phone and in-person while responding to inquiries and concerns resolving personally or directing it to the appropriate individual or department
- Manages department record keeping and filing systems i.e. payroll accounts payable departmental files personnel records and accounting data.
- Prepares and processes various forms/documents such as statistical data personnel forms invoices work orders and purchase orders.
- Coordinates logistics and travel arrangements for conferences meetings and seminars i.e. location reservations travel arrangements and assembles needed materials; schedules meetings.
- May assist in the preparation of and monitors the department budget; collects updates and tracks department data such as performance measures surveys and initiatives.
- May serve as purchasing agent for the department; corresponds with vendors to negotiate quotes; obtain approval to purchase; track and confirm receipt.
- Assists with training and monitoring of other support staff and/or volunteers.
- Participates in special projects as requested; notifies project participants on timelines and project status.
- Develops implements and maintains effective department procedures and documents; identifies procedures for process improvements; contributes to department effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of progressively responsible experience and/or training in administrative/secretarial support functions; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office or meeting and training rooms e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire and building safety regulations and traffic signals when driving.