Job Responsibilities : Cloud Engineer (Remote)
Salary : $118900 per year
Company : GEICO
Location : Remote US
GEICO’s DSI – Data Security & Infrastructure team is looking for a skilled engineer who will be working on projects that are currently being developed on by our company. Duties will include but are not limited to developing software creating infrastructure deploying code system validation and testing. You will be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science software engineering or another related field is preferred. We prefer at least four to seven years of software engineering or software development experience preferably in a related field to be successful in this role. Condensed relevant education and/or demonstrable advanced coding skills can replace years of experience.
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing software system validation and testing methods.
- Working closely with clients and cross-functional departments
- Managing the software development lifecycle.
- Monitoring system performance.
- Communicating key project data to team members and building cohesion among teams.
- Developing and executing project plans.
- Applying best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
- Testing new software and fixing bugs.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science software engineering or another related field is preferred.
- Preferred 5 to 7 years of software engineering or software development experience preferably in a related field.
- Hands-on programming experience preferably using the Microsoft stack.
- Experience with Azure or any of the major cloud providers.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle.
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience working with clients and business partners.
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Experience in agile and fast paced environments.
- Strong team-building skills.
As a full time associate you’ll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being including:
- Premier Medical Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training Licensures and Certificates
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race color religious creed national origin ancestry age gender pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity marital status familial status disability or genetic information in compliance with applicable federal state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such we are committed to recruit develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team