Job Responsibilities : Compensation Manager
Salary : $143000 per year
Company : Wayfair
Location : Remote US
Compensation Manager of Retail Stores
The Wayfair Compensation Team drives cash and equity compensation strategy and planning for all employees – corporate and field – around the world. We are accountable for strategic data-informed competitive compensation strategy programs and outcomes. We design and manage compensation structures for new and existing roles as our business grows and expands into new markets. We partner closely with the business talent strategy performance strategy and talent management. We are not bound to traditional compensation thinking and are looking for a leader who can consolidate and advance the team to be ready for the next $10 billion in growth.
We’re seeking a manager to join our Compensation Analytics team where you’ll use a combination of internal and external data to drive compensation strategy for our growing retail stores business. This role will also be central to building out our external benchmarking and ensure that we have the data and processes in place to maintain competitive compensation in an ever-changing environment. The ideal candidate is analytical self-motivated detail-oriented and able to work and communicate cross-functionally.
Reporting directly to Sr Manager of Service and Retail Compensation you’ll own the full compensation roadmap for our retail stores and be our subject-matter expert on external trends and compensation benchmarking:
- Partner with and influence stakeholders across Wayfair including senior management Recruiting Talent Strategy Business Partners Equity Administration and Finance to drive and evolve compensation strategy for a specific segment of the business
- As our business grows and evolves continually refine and communicate compensation strategy and philosophy and enhance data-collection analytics and decision-making via purpose-built systems and tools
- Proactively identify opportunities for better design increased efficiency and improved structures using internal and external data
- Research gather and analyze external data to determine appropriate mix of base and variable compensation for jobs and positions within the Retail Stores teams
- Provide recommendations on variable incentive plan designs based on competitive market analysis and execute variable incentive programs
- Think creatively about data sources for bespoke roles or teams and help us navigate fast changing job markets
- Manage relationships with our vendors to ensure we’re leveraging their offerings (benchmarking surveys networking events) to the fullest extent
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- 3+ years of work experience in an analytical role preferably in compensation or total rewards
- 1+ years of experience in retail compensation space would be a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SQL and Data Studio
- Experience with Python and Google BigQuery is a plus
- Ability to leverage data-driven insights to inform business decisions
- Strength in stakeholder management and communication; acting with a sense of urgency; and excellent follow through
- The maturity integrity and respect to handle extremely confidential and sensitive employee data
The salary range for this position is $121000-143000 annually however base pay offered may vary depending on location job-related knowledge skills and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth constant learning and dynamic challenges then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators risk-takers and trailblazers who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger smarter and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees customers community and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race color ethnicity ancestry religion sex national origin sexual orientation age citizenship status marital status disability gender identity gender expression veteran status or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.