Job Responsibilities : Data Analyst- REMOTE
Salary : $144000 per year
Company : (part of General Dynamics)
Location : Remote US
Travel Required: None
Requisition Type: Regular
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Data Analyst supporting The United States Postal Service (USPS) activities. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. You will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
GDIT is seeking a Data Analyst to augment the USPS Endpoint Innovation team and will support multiple technical projects simultaneously develop documentation and discuss technical topics with various players and subject matter experts contractors and vendors.
HOW DATA ANALYST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
The Data Analyst will provide integrated data analysis services for the Endpoint Innovation teams project initiatives; Tasks may include data reporting and strategic planning deliverables in addition but not limited to:
- Compiling of project data and reports on status of key projects to management
- Ability to mine compile and use data to make informed business decisions in accordance with the goals of the organization
- Establishing key performance indicators
- Analyzing project data and producing insights to optimize performance
- Identifying problems and shortfalls and proposing solutions based on data
- Providing operational support such as liaising with data stakeholders
- Provide team with data analysis and statistical analysis
- Serves as a data analyst by working with enterprise-wide technology and provide technical direction and guidance to the Endpoint Innovation Team.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to all stakeholders on the analysis interpretation and display of data; advises on the appropriate statistical and computational methodologies (e.g. probability sampling experimental design data quality) to ensure accurate conclusions and presentation of data findings.
- Researches analyzes and interprets underlying data; develops algorithms to evaluate domain data (e.g. customer finance operational) to address business questions or issues.
- Designs and executes the development of models and visualizations to address opportunities and pain points with technology systems and applications.
- Develops scalable efficient and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development validation and implementation. Develops processes and mechanisms using programming languages.
- Uses statistical and exploratory data analysis techniques methods and tools to measure and track performance and identify opportunities for improvement. Interprets results and translates findings into actionable recommendations. Presents recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborates with Information and Technology related business units to coordinate the integration and implementation of new developments to applications and technologies.
- Research industry best practices trends and insights around key data analytics
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University (in the field of services is preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience
Required Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated strong data analysis skills
- Ability to create visual representations (e.g. presentations) of complex IT datasets
- Expertise with MS Office suite of tools
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Strong desire for problem solving
- Data Analysis Certifications
- Software Analytics Certifications
Security Clearance Level:
- Must be able to obtain (& maintain) a Client Specific Public Trust
- The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days. U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
- On Customer Site in Washington DC Raleigh NC or REMOTE
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
The likely salary range for this position is $96000 – $144000 this is not however a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather salary will be set based on experience geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in integrate and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground beside our clients in the lab and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations strategy and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements however GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status or any other protected class.