Job Responsibilities : Investigator I
Salary : $73000 Per Year
Company : State of Delaware
Location : 263 Chapman Rd, Newark, DE 19702 US
Click Here : Apply Now
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being fostering self-sufficiency and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
Essential functions are fundamental core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Conducts investigations which includes conducting interviews to obtain confidential information gathering evidence and documenting findings.
- Interviews or interrogates witnesses complainants and others.
- Verifies claims of alleged or probable violations.
- Examines various records and documents in order to ascertain relevant information.
- Gathers controls and evaluates evidence.
- Makes judgments after evaluating all available facts and recommends appropriate action.
- Interprets and applies applicable laws rules regulations standards policies and procedures.
- Prepares various investigative reports.
- Testifies before boards commission administrative bodies or courts.
- May conduct surveillance and undercover investigations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Investigator I
Applicants must have education training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in conducting investigations which includes conducting interviews to obtain confidential information gathering evidence and documenting findings.
- Six months experience in determining compliance with laws rules regulations standards policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of civil criminal or administrative proceedings.
Additional Posting Information
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment job title and job duties. For education and training list name of educational provider training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression.