Job Responsibilities : Detention Specialist
Salary : n
Company : Pueblo County, CO
Location : 909 Court St, Pueblo, CO 81003 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Work involves operating controls to allow entry and exit from secured areas of the detention facility operating electronic recording equipment registering offender visits and providing service to the general public.
- Accurately processes types records and/or files a wide variety of records reports and materials using computer equipment to include memos letters complaints declarations dispositions warrants or reports from handwritten copy or audiotapes.
- Performs clerical functions in a criminal justice environment; type case reports that include profane language distasteful or graphic portrayals and in-depth descriptions of criminal conduct.
- Performs data entry; updates researches stores and retrieves using a variety of computer systems; accurately maintains appropriate records and files.
- Maintains accuracy confidentiality and security of all records and work area.
- Exercises considerable independent judgment giving out information and referring inquiries to the proper staff or agency.
- Exercises good organizational skills while demonstrating the ability to be detail oriented in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Work in a secured environment in such position would be responsible for screening visitors and making decisions that affect the safety of a facility.
- As required serves as a resource person to the public or other employees in giving out information and referring inquiries to the proper staff or agency; makes independent judgments on types of information to be provided based on a broad-based knowledge of requirements of the position as well as knowledge of how previous similar incidents were handled.
- Maintains computerized records and hard copy files in division.
- Required to work shifts as needed.
- Performs special studies and projects as assigned and required.
- Notarizes articles for public agency documents and others as required.
- Answers phones and greets and assists visitors; responds to request or refer to appropriate
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. Prior to employment candidates will complete a background investigation polygraph examination and physical examination to include a drug screen.
- Shift differential pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefits package (medical dental vision etc.) for full-time employees
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave Accrual
- County Retirement Program
- Autonomy to grow and find your career path with supportive leadership
- Truly inclusive and diverse environment
- Fitness Center (Historic Pueblo Courthouse Building)
- 4-week Paid Parental Leave Benefit
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY
- New Years Day
- MLK Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Francis Xavier Cabrini Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Day before Thanksgiving Early Release (
. Please contact TPS – Talent & People Services to learn more.