Job Responsibilities : Display Systems Lead
Salary : $209000 per year
Company : Meta
Location : Remote US
Display Systems Lead Responsibilities:
- Develop novel display system technologies for future AR/VR products.
- Partner across graphics optics silicon perception experiences and product management teams to deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to implement first-order power performance and image quality models from which increasingly sophisticated subsystem models can be developed while driving system-level trade-off decisions.
- Work with external academic and industrial partners to track and push the state-of-the-art in-display system components.
- Perform roadmap analyses of promising technologies.
- Understand mass-production constraints and develop cost models and incorporate these considerations into system-level designs prior to technology transfer to the display product team.
- Design and deliver demonstrations and prototypes.
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science Electrical Engineering Physics Optics or a related field.
- 15+ years of industry experience in Display Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in ground-up development and commercialization of novel display systems.
- Track record in working with large distributed and cross-functional HW and SW teams.
- Experience in managing production-level trade-offs in typical display product design.
- Experience working with the human visual system light sources polarization color science optics display processing and silicon design workflows.
- Proficiency in MATLAB or C/C++.
- Background in developing custom silicon particularly for display pipelines.
- Experience in new technology development road mapping prototyping and evaluation for novel display systems.
- Experience developing AR/VR or other novel display systems.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race religion color national origin sex (including pregnancy childbirth or related medical conditions) sexual orientation gender gender identity gender expression transgender status sexual stereotypes age status as a protected veteran status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.