Job Responsibilities : Electrical Program Manager, Infrastructure Design (Remote/Work from Home Jobs)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Tesla
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
You will be responsible for driving innovation and first principles mindset, driving projects to completion and supporting Infrastructure Development for Sales, Service, Delivery, Collision, and Warehousing projects across North America. The ideal candidate thrives from working in a technically complex and fast-moving environment and is willing to challenge the status quo.
What You’ll Do
· Develop & create standard basis of design for Electrical scope of work.
· Advocate and educate AHJ’s on Tesla’s behalf. Work with local utility companies to support upgrades where necessary.
· Engage as a technical expert with the larger infrastructure team – Real Estate, Design, and Construction.
· Develop process improvements / workflows / templates to increase design productivity and quality of deliverables with outsourced Electrical Engineers.
· Support review of construction documents – driving consistency of standards, challenging assumptions and driving best practices for design.
· Drive prototype design and standardization of electrical and mechanical equipment to expand and expedite roll out program.
· Manage and train 3rd party electrical consultants in design of electrical and mechanical systems and manage best design practices to maintain cost and time efficiency.
· Interface and collaborate with engineers from multiple disciplines.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines.
· Ability to train and mentor designers to expand their electrical and mechanical knowledge.
What You’ll Bring
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Expert ability to work with utility companies, managing and designing power upgrades.
· Expert knowledge of REVIT MEP and proficiency with AutoCAD.
· Currently hold professional engineer license.
· Well versed in National Electrical Code
· Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude.
· Strong desire to be a part of a world class team focused on achieving amazing results.
· Experience leading successful project teams, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities
· Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, and mentorship skills
· Strong communication and coordination skills
· Availability to travel as necessary
· Experience in Mechanical discipline is a plus.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.