Job Responsibilities : FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Salary : n
Company : The State of Florida
Location : 14808 49th St N, Clearwater, FL 33762 US
Requisition No: 790117
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – 64006506 1 1 1 1 1 1
Position Number: 64006506
Salary: $1320.00 – $1452.00 bi-weekly
Posting Closing Date: 12/30/2022
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County. If you are looking to establish a successful career in Public Health you have come to the right place. Many of our innovative and successful health programs are recognized throughout Florida. We hope you decide to join our team! Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.
The incumbent is part of a global public health organization and is expected to support the Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County in its mission to protect promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state county and community efforts and its efforts and its vision To be the Healthiest State in the Nation. Furthermore the incumbent is expected to incorporate the agency values of Innovation Collaboration Accountability Responsiveness and Excellence in all aspects of their work.
Family Support Worker
The Family Support Worker serves as a Community Health Advocate providing eligibility enrollment and clerical support services for Healthcare for the Homeless Program patients at the Bayside Health Clinic and Mobile Medical Unit.
Your Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist patients with eligibility and preparation of forms.
- Interview and determine financial eligibility for services based on established criteria.
- Coordinate patient appointments as needed.
- Register and check in patients.
- Ensure timely and accurate collection and input of patient data.
- Copy scan and fax medical records and other documents.
- Copy and/or send medical records based upon appropriate requests and ensure medical record releases are completed and filed appropriately.
- Keep up to date on current resources to provide information to patients as requested.
- Refer patients to community based providers for assistance as needed.
- Answer and return all telephone calls courteously and promptly with accurate information.
- Keep supervisor and clinic team informed as applicable.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records patient interactions and services according to HIPAA privacy policies.
- Attend agency team and community meetings as assigned.
- Complete timesheets EARS and mandatory training in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform other related duties including Emergency duty.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing word processing data processing and graphic programs;
- Knowledge of basic principles of public health;
- Knowledge of methods of compiling organizing and analyzing data;
- Ability to plan organize and coordinate work assignments;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and self-directed;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective communication;
- Knowledge of barriers associated with not having a medical home.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Previous experience with community organizations and the public especially homeless populations;
- Ability to apply rules regulations policies and procedures;
- Ability to find information and identify essential information;
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays
- Experience working in a medical clinic environment including knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience working with the homeless population
Florida Department of Health Mission Vision and Values:
To protect promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state county & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.
I nnovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
C ollaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
A ccountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
R esponsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
E xcellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
Where You Will Work:
14808 49th Street North Clearwater FL 33762
The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options including health life dental vision and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options including employer contributions
(For more information please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
For a more complete list of benefits visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com
Please be advised:
Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1 1962 will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information please visit the SSS website: http://www.sss.gov
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before during and/or beyond normal work hours or days.
Florida has the third largest population of veterans in the nation with more than 1.5 million service men and women. The Florida Department of Health (department) is committed to serving members of the United States Armed Forces veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Through the Department’s VALOR program which expedites licensing for military veterans the Department also waives initial licensing and application fees for military veterans who apply for a health care professional license within 60 months of an honorable discharge. These initiatives help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455 F.S. Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295 Florida Statutes candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7 Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.