Job Responsibilities : Financial Counselor
Salary : n
Company : SummitStone Health Partners
Location : Hybrid remote US
Educational requirements : Associate Degree
We Embrace Diversity:
- Location:Timberline Office Fort Collins CO; hybrid/remote option
- Status: Full-time 40/hrs. week
Financial Counselor offers financial advice and assistance to clients regarding medical bills. They are the liaison between patients and their insurance companies; often coordinating payments and answering questions from both parties. Financial Counselor aids clients regarding Funding and availability. The Financial Counselor will explain financial information determine prospective clients’ ability to pay and provide education on Medicaid assistance. Must provide unparalleled customer service to our clients and will have knowledge of all aspects of the Admin Support and RCM department’s processes from registration through the billing.
- Identify additional funding options for clients.
- Meet directly with clients at clinics over the phone or via appointment to discuss financial assistance.
- Maintain complete records of all clients applying for indigent or financial assistance to include the application proof of income the acceptance/denial letter and any other applicable documentation.
- Follow-up on all outstanding accounts posting codes co-pays coinsurance contracted vs non-contracted.
- Create detailed notes in EHR to reflect all actions performed on an account as well as updating financial eligibility and episodes.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of insurance plans and coverage as well as Regulations regarding Medicaid coverage options.
- Maintain solid understanding of continuum of care for behavioral health
- Maintain knowledge of DocuSign.
- Regulates compliance with No Surprise Act
- Collaborates with referral sources on financial assistance for potential referrals.
- Maintains tracking for all contacts.
- Updates financial eligibility of MAT Clinic.
- Participates in data gathering for financial reporting including the completion of the monthly invoicing of your funding program.
- Assist clients with financial applications and arrangements.
- Assist with the intake process where needed specific to information collection and communication.
- Follow-up with clients for necessary signatures if they were incomplete at time of initial service.
- Collaborates with clinical teams; communicates with clinical team regarding acceptance or denial of Financial Assistance.
- Scans all completed documents into AVATAR.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Promotes supports and demonstrates SHP’s mission vision and values through both behavior and job performance and adheres to policies procedures Compliance Plan and Standards of Conduct on a day-to-day basis.
- Escalates any concerns as needed to RCM Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in meetings training and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We have an impressive range of benefits programs and perks that we offer: Based on working 20/hrs. or more per week.
- Flextime Scheduling
- Bereavement and Medical Leave
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Leave Bank (ELB)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Travel Reimbursement
- Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Loan forgiveness program
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Malpractice Insurance
Experiences and Background We Look For:
- Required: 2+ years of healthcare/financial Revenue Cycle Management or similar third-party payor claims experience; Valid CO driver’s license.
- Preferred: Associate degree in business medical billing or related field or equivalent experience in healthcare/medical insurance environment;Bilingual and Bi-cultural.
Join us today. To learn more about SummitStone health or to apply on our site visit us at
Questions? Please contact us: email@example.com.