Job Responsibilities : Games Editorial Strategist
Salary : $87000 per year
Company : Netflix
Location : Remote US
Los Gatos California
We are seeking a metadata and classification expert who is passionate about mobile games to join Netflix’s Games Editorial Creative Team. In this role you will be responsible for capturing the qualities that describe games and turning that into data and editorial classification. This role will require an understanding of game development or design user acquisition consumer insights and skill for creating great Internet and mobile games products. Your work in this role will affect how our members decide what to watch and play.
Within the Editorial Creative team you will serve as a classification expert who can identify collect and transform the artistic qualities of games into the data that powers personalization for more than 200 million people worldwide. You innately understand the facets tropes and themes that allow gamers worldwide to connect compete strategize relax immerse themselves and tell their friends “You have to play this.” You will collaborate with taxonomists designers and product leaders to optimize game discovery. This role will require daily cross-functional collaboration and clear communication. The ideal candidate has the adaptability and versatility to switch between their responsibilities driving metadata information strategy and applying metadata for games launching on Netflix.
This role will report to the Manager of Games Editorial Creative and can be based in Los Angeles Los Gatos or remote.
- Objectively research analyze and tag all types of games with attention to detail in preparation for launch on Netflix and App Store platforms.
- Partner with Creative Production and Games Producers to launch titles.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of Editorial Creative assets as you grow and scale these assets.
- Develop new methods of game description and classification as a collaborator within a cross-functional team and improve operational strategies for classification.
- Identify gaps or opportunities to better describe or classify upcoming games including methods of differentiating games within the catalog.
- Curate similar games or similar films and series to Netflix games to support innovation and collaborate with Algorithms Engineering to provide editorial feedback on models.
- Collaborate as a Games and Editorial Creative subject matter expert on cross-functional education research and innovation projects including games age rating innovation and promoting games on Netflix.
- Partner with Creative Production teams on operations workflow improvements tools development and change management.
- 5+ years in relevant fields such as Content Classification Games development or operations
- Excellent judgment and decisiveness when dealing with timely deadline-driven content-related issues and concerns
- Ability to distinguish nuances within different game genres and styles and distill the essence of a game including sharing findings in an objective concise manner
- Excellent project/program management skills and/or a proven track record for operational excellence including managing vendor relationships and workflows
- 3+ years of experience in highly cross-functional roles gaining buy-in alignment and context from a variety of stakeholders
- Critical thinking/problem-solving skills and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data
- Passion for games across all platforms and keen understanding of the relevant industry and game trends
- Experience partnering or working with international markets and teams is preferred.
- Experience managing content in languages other than English is a plus
- Experience with various media types (TV film online publications mobile apps games and music) is a plus
- Fluency in Excel Airtable Google Sheets and other data trackers and data management systems a plus