Job Responsibilities : Communications Officer II
Salary : $47000 Per Year
Company : Georgia Tech
Location : Atlanta, GA 30332 US
Lead in communications efforts designed to market a campus unit’s products and/or services to target audiences. This position leads in the development of communications materials and promotional efforts with media representatives. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and personnel customers and vendors. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit management and media representatives. This position will supervise: NA.
- Conduct and utilize market research as necessary to recommend appropriate marketing communications strategies
- Interact with external and internal media to generate publication of messages related to marketing efforts; write press releases related to products or services
- Develop content and oversee the design and production process for print collaterals
- Coordinate interviews and public appearances of unit personnel in support of marketing efforts
- Consult with Institute Communications and Marketing to ensure that Institute graphic and style standards are followed in all material
- Administer unit marketing/communications budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Marketing Journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Four to six years of job related experience
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
This job requires advanced skills in writing and communication creativity and ability to incorporate a variety of resources and tools to develop marketing materials. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external media representative is required. Requires ability to understand complex and/or highly technical ideas and programs and communicate them in lay terms. Also required are organizational and communications skills as well as use of office and specialized computer applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.