Job Responsibilities : Associate/Analyst Investment Accounting-Data Management
Salary : $95000 Per Year
Company : BlackRock
Location : Hybrid remote US
Click Here : Apply Now
About this role
BlackRock is ne of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a best-in-class provider of global investment management risk management and advisory services to institutional intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions – from meticulous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing out-performance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to capital markets.
Business Unit Overview:
The Investment Accounting Group (IAG) provides accounting and regulatory data services to clients who have outsourced their accounting function to BlackRock. Our Accounting Services include the preparation and oversight of monthly accounting packages and support schedules including regulatory returns and statutory reporting. As well as working with clients to deliver our services the IAG team also supports client changes through corporate and other developments which impact on our services. Also IAG is currently embarked on an exciting program of work to develop our accounting operating environment and to extend asset class coverage. We are investing in new Aladdin technology and integrating this with PAM for Investments to develop an integrated accounting and risk platform and the industry-leading investment accounting provider.
The role reports to the Team lead of Data Management. The Data Management Group is responsible for the integrity of all asset data utilized by internal and external clients for both portfolio trading and accounting-based reporting. The group ensures complete accurate and timely processing of asset security data and transaction data for the clients of BlackRock Solutions (“BRS”) as it pertains to the BRS Investment Accounting and other businesses requiring trade management of externally balanced assets. This includes among other things ensuring the completeness of all terms and conditions of asset data pertaining to all known asset types ensuring accurate market data capturing trade file information for processing while building a high level of straight through processing (STP) to our accounting system from Aladdin and external managers.
- Timely review and setup of securities within the accounting system to facilitate the processing of investment transactions
- Processing daily investment transactions from external investment managers.
- Supervise all the automated jobs and resolve if there is any exception or failure.
- Timely & accurate responses to daily data inquiries
- Ability to evaluate systems procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives including automation/ standardization efforts
- Accurately record metrics related to responsibilities to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency.
- Demonstrating ability to self-improve and develop. Understand the impact of data on upstream and downstream and to overall service.
- Solve for increasing need to transform dynamic data formats to standard.
- Possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of various investment products and finance theory; a strong understanding of fixed income and derivative products preferred
- Excellent analytical critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of technical tools such as Excel functions SQL Unix commands etc. strongly preferred
- Exceptional decision-making skills.
- Champion team work and build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Work in a fast paced rapid changing deadline driven environment
- Multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and open to accepting new challenges; able to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at a time in a dynamic demanding and constantly evolving environment while maintaining the highest standard and attention to detail.
- Technical skills with experience in ETL python and data science will be added advantage.
- BS degree in Finance Accounting Information Technology or Economics
- 5+ years related work experience.
To help you stay energized engaged and inspired we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan tuition reimbursement comprehensive healthcare support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients and the people they serve are saving for retirement paying for their children’s educations buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed valued and supported with networks benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race color national origin religion sex sexual orientation gender identity disability protected veteran status and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit hire train promote pay and administer all personnel actions without regard to race color religion sex (including pregnancy childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy childbirth or breastfeeding) sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior gender roles gender expression or gender identity) gender gender identity gender expression national origin age mental or physical disability ancestry medical condition marital status military or veteran status citizenship status sexual orientation genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law including any applicable fair chance law.