Job Responsibilities : Hiring: HR Services Representative (Fully Remote Administrative Jobs)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Ross Stores
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Human Resource Representative serves as a point of contact for HR Services and the primary contact to evaluate criminal convictions in the background check process and provide hiring recommendations to the appropriate hiring manager. Supports Ross Stores Inc.’s background check screening process and is responsible for researching and executing quality evaluation and resolution of “needs review” background checks in compliance with applicable laws and company procedures.
The HR Services Representative is responsible for receiving, routing, and responding to calls from store management, field leaders, corporate and distribution centers on matters related, but not limited to: support of the recruiting and onboarding process; assist with locating HR policies and procedures; provide guidance on basic policies and procedures, working closely with various other support functions to resolve matters; collects and disseminates information quickly, clearly and accurately to the appropriate workgroup through the case management system; identify and immediate escalate critical matters; identify priorities and problems requiring action and facilitating communication for timely responses. The Human Resources Services Representative partners with their Manager to regularly review performance in delivering high-level customer service.
• Monitors various HR inboxes and responds to inquiries and escalates to the appropriate workgroup.
• Receives large volume of incoming calls from various levels of associates, responding to routine inquires following established procedures including but not limited to; payroll, benefit, and LOA questions, and HR system navigation questions. Acquires substantial knowledge concerning Human Resources policies, programs, and procedures that allow first call resolution in the majority of cases.
• Collects and disseminates information to designated workgroups from clients calling a general HR phone number. Quickly interpret the situation, determine the appropriate resolution, transaction, and/or escalation, and communicate the resolution and/or escalation to the caller.
• Logs all inquiries into a case management system used by the Company, recording and maintaining call history and outcomes.
• Takes immediate partnership for any critical or risk involved cases to ensure a quick and timely response.
• Track and report on workload & customer service requests.
• Responsible for all aspects of assigned background screening adjudications for all business units, including:
o Validating applicant and associate credentials
o Performing an individualized assessment in compliance with legal guidance to evaluate the candidate’s suitability for hire or promotion
o Researching candidate qualifications/eligibility by contacting applicants and outside entities such as educational institutions, courts, and other third parties for information
o Determining whether the background check should be passed or failed
o Partnering and advising clients of outcomes based on results of background screening
• Works directly with our background check vendor and vendor system to accurately track the status of background check adjudication, log final resolutions, and ensure service level agreements/vendor performance metrics are met.
• Acts as a liaison between the legal department, HR, and the background check vendor to resolve issues and refine processes.
• Responsible for accurate data entry of all background checks in HR Case Management System and accurate reporting of results.
• Interfaces with managers, supervisors, and recruiters to interpret and report background check results.
• Develops solid knowledge of current background check laws; drafts customized letters and follow process flows as required.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Communicates Effectively
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Manages Conflict
• Demonstrate Functional and Technical Knowledge
• Leading by Example
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
• 1-3 years administrative experience
• MS Office skills, including Word and Excel
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal and written) with organizational awareness and sensitivity
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Ability to meet or exceed established service level expectations
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers
The job requires the ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except it cannot be performed in the State of Colorado and New York City.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.