Job Responsibilities : Hiring: Patient Support Center Representative – Remote/Work from Home Jobs
Salary : 16.00 – $25.00 hourly
Company : UnitedHealthcare Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Patient Support Center Representative, you will be responsible for acting as a patient advocate to help resolve patient issues pertaining to claims, benefit referrals, physicians and access. You will also be responsible for managing high volume of inbound calls, enter patient information into information systems, and resolve caller’s issues with outstanding customer service skills. In addition, serve as a liaison between the patient and other departments and Optum sites.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Multi-task utilizing double monitors for data entry, phone etiquette, and use of resources while maintaining proper guidelines.
- Provides services to internal and external customers involving the exchange of complex and sensitive information while acting as patient advocate.
- Assists other Patient Support Center Representatives and Supervisors with daily paperwork load as needed to resolve and/or document patient issues.
- Recognizes financial, medical and legal risks based on data collected during customer interactions and follows appropriate procedures.
- Meet department goals which include but not limited to call volume, accuracy, quality, and attendance.
- Utilizes Optum systems to resolve customer needs such as appointments, authorizations, claims, invoices, eligibility, benefits, appeals, TARs.
- Translates oral information into concise and accurate written documentation per guidelines.
- Assists new or potential members in the choice of PCP and supplies general information about medical group.
- Pages clinicians and assists Telehealth Nurses as necessary (e.g., arranging DME, transportation and HH).
- Data enters PCP changes into the system and processes paperwork as necessary.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 2+ years working in a customer service-based role
- Must pass Patient Support Center screening test
- Ability to demonstrate strong proficiency using MS Suite and other systems
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- 1+ year working in a healthcare setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.