Job Responsibilities : Preschool Teaching Assistant, Kapalama
Salary : $65000 Per Year
Company : Kamehameha Schools
Location : Honolulu, HI US
Preschool Teaching Assistant Kapalama
Open Until Filled
- Assists in daily classroom instruction which includes; appropriate interactions with students conducting individual small and/or large group instruction supporting a high quality learning environment; making observations and completing the documentation process for student assessment.
- Supervises student behavior independently and under teacher direction using appropriate early childhood behavior management strategies. Adhere to Kamehameha Schools’ and state licensing health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provides program support through snack menu planning; making home visits with teacher; maintaining attendance and other records; ordering and maintaining materials and supplies.
- Prepares a safe and healthy indoor and outdoor classroom environment; including planning for and preparing snacks daily sanitizing serving and eating areas maintaining classroom centers materials records and equipment.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with colleagues teaching team and families.
Participates in required professional development and training.
Stays current with technology-related job requirements.
- Develop and implement lesson plans or implement plans that the teacher has developed
- Implement keiki assessment plan
- Classroom management and supervision
- Communicate with ʻohana for a variety of purposes
- Daily operations of the classroom
- Participate in regional staff development/training and meetings
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education OR
- Associate’s Degree or higher and 9 Early Childhood Education credits OR
- Minimum of 6 months of related work experience
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s License or ability to acquire a valid Hawaii Driver’s License within 2 months of hire
- Have good interpersonal skills with children and adults
- Able to organize a high volume of varied work activities
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to become certified in Community First Aid and Pediatric CPR certified
- Ability to acquire Department of Health Food Handler’s Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to Hawaiian culture
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to pre-kindergarten children
- Community First Aid and Pediatric CPR certified
- Department of Health Food Handler’s Certification
- Frequently sits (on chair and/or ground) perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation talk or hear.
- Frequently stand and/or walk write by hand and lift and/or carry push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift and/or carry weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Frequently twist bend stoop squat kneel crawl climb reach or work above shoulder or grasp forcefully.
- This position requires working indoors and outdoors at the preschool multiple times throughout the day.
- This position requires work at off-site locations (indoor and outdoor) for the entire school day.
- This position may involve traveling to various locations including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- This position may require working at various locations within the region for which this position is posted.
- Work is conducted in an classroom environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours.
Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures providing documents in an alternate format using a sign language interpreter or using specialized equipment.
Kamehameha Schools Preschool – Kapalama
Kamehameha Schools Preschool – Kalihi-Palama