Job Responsibilities : Management Assistant
Salary : n
Company : State of Idaho
Location : Boise, ID 83720 Us
The Idaho Division of Career Technical Education (IDCTE) provides leadership and coordination for programs in career technical education in various parts of the state. With a customer-service focus IDCTE leads Idaho’s efforts of preparing youth and adults for high-skill in-demand careers. The Management Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties that will enable the Administrator to function more effectively.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be adaptable and flexible in how goals are reached; ability and interest to offer process improvement suggestions
- Have the ability to balance and coordinate multiple priorities and projects without sacrificing customer service
- Be familiar with career technical education and Idaho’s educational system
- Have advanced knowledge/experience working with Microsoft Office 365
- Have knowledge of effective English spelling punctuation and grammar to compose and edit business documents
Benefits Include: This position earns vacation leave sick leave eleven paid holidays PERSI retirement plan FICA and Medicare contributions FMLA and workers’ compensation insurance. Additionally employees may elect to participate in other employer supported benefits including medical insurance dental insurance life insurance FSA plan 401(k) plan 457 plan and IDeal plan. This position is eligible for reduced tuition and fees at institutions under the State Board of Education governance.
- Provides administrative support for the Administrator and other members of the leadership team including calendaring travel and communications.
- Anticipates needs and takes initiative to resolve problems independently.
- Occasionally represents and speaks on behalf of the Administrator at internal and external meetings takes detailed notes and provides thorough reports of meeting outcomes and action items.
- Collaborates with and coordinates meetings for the division management and leadership teams.
- Liaises with a variety of stakeholders including staff from other state agencies and institutions legislators and outside entities.
- Composes and/or prepares a variety of official correspondence official and legal documents on own initiative or from general instructions. Assists with proofreading documents as requested.
- Researches analyzes and compiles information to prepare reports. Addresses complaints resolves problems or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Exemplifies the qualities expected of all State of Idaho employees: professionalism promoting responsible government and customer focus.
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive political or controversial information.
- Limited local and in-state travel as needed.
- Interpreting and applying regulations or policies and procedures
- Planning organizing implementing and evaluating special projects
- Independently researching compiling developing and summarizing material for reports on a frequent or recurring basis
- Analyzing information identifying problems defining alternatives and developing recommendations for management/administrators
Minimum Qualification Specialties:
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office 365 desktop applications including Outlook SharePoint OneNote Teams and Planner.
- Experience managing a schedule booking travel managing expense reimbursement and scheduling and organizing meetings for a high-level executive.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho. Submit a cover letter detailing your individual background and experience that qualifies you for this position resume and a list of references with at least two former or current supervisors. If you have any questions about the position or the hiring process please contact Audrey Ettesvold human resource specialist at 208-332-1568.
Special Notification: The successful applicant will be required to pass background check.
Thank you for your interest in the Idaho Division of Career Technical Education!
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race color religion political affiliation or belief sex national origin genetics or any other status protected under applicable federal state or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711) or email
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.