Job Responsibilities : Library Tech 2
Salary : n
Company : State of Indiana
Location : Westville, IN 46391 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming accessible and equitable workplace with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the Indiana Department of Correction:
We promote public safety by providing meaningful effective opportunities for successful re-entry. As the model of best correctional practices we strive to return productive citizens to our communities and inspire a culture of accountability integrity and professionalism.
About the Job:
As the Library Technician you will be responsible for providing customer service for library patrons by assisting answering questions and directing them to a wide variety of sources. In this position you will serve on various teams throughout the Library in retrieval shelving conservation and preservation of library collections in a variety of formats.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Operate the circulation desk and records circulation data for statistical reports.
- Answer patrons’ questions about the location of materials and assist them in finding it.
- Retrieve books video cassettes documents and other reference materials covering a wide variety of technical subjects.
- Ensure that proper library procedures and classification systems are maintained.
- Order government printed documents and other materials.
- Distribute work to lower-level clericals in the shelving and processing of books and materials.
- Compose correspondence to other libraries and agencies to maintain an interconnecting library system.
- Receive and review incoming mail to direct it to appropriate channels for action.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as typing letters index cards and purchase requisitions and maintaining files on materials received.
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- High School Degree or High School Equivalent (HSE).
- Working knowledge of library information resources and the ability to utilize knowledge to meet requested informational needs.
- Working knowledge of state and other library services in the state.
- Working knowledge of library operating procedures practices and classification systems including the ability to organize materials and maintain records.
- Specialized knowledge of the resources available within the division in which an employee is assigned.
- Ability to effectively deal with the public and communicate effectively and concisely.
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for Department of Corrections (DOC) employment:
- Test negative on all drug screenings.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards)
- Health savings account which includes bi-weekly state contribution
- Flexible work scheduling options including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation personal and sick leave time off
- 12 paid holidays 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.