Job Responsibilities : DHS Admin Specialist
Salary : n
Company : Lutheran Services of Georgia
Location : Athens, GA 30606 US
Educational requirements : High School
DHS Admin Specialist (Atlanta or Savannah)
$38000 – $42000
Atlanta Employment Manager
The Refugee Services program provides supportive and supplemental services to refugees asylees Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders and eligible Humanitarian Parolees in Georgia in order to help newcomers move from surviving to thriving. Under the supervision of the Atlanta Employment Manager the DHS Admin Specialist with support the work of the employment and social adjustment teams in Atlanta and Savannah. DHS-funded programs at Inspiritus serve refugee and immigrant clients with employment income supports case management and English Language Instruction (ELI) services for up to 5 years after arrival in the United States. The Admin Specialist will be responsible for creating case files developing family self-sufficiency plans and assisting the team in documenting services in the DHS database monthly. She/he will be responsible for ensuring that all required documentation is complete and accurate and that all DHS client required information is collected and documented.
- Documents all services provided to clients in appropriate database(s)
- Orients clients to DHS programs and conducts intakes and work plans as appropriate.
- Develop family self-sufficiency plans and household budgets with clients served by the DHS employment team and conducts 6 month and 12 month follow-up.
- Contributes to maintaining each clients DHS file according to contractual requirements.
- Collaborates with Savannah Technical College to document English Language Instruction services and instruction.
- Attends all required funder trainings.
- Conducts case file reviews to ensure that all required documents are in the case file and that services are being provided according to contractual requirements.
- He/she will conduct 90 day and 1 year follow-up with DHS employment clients as assigned.
- Interprets for clients as required or arranges for interpretation.
- Coordinates activities with related Refugee Services programs to ensure provision of high-quality services offered with efficiency and economy.
- Provides back-up services for other DHS staff and for other Refugee Services staff as appropriate.
- Performs the above duties at out-posted locations as assigned.
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients co-workers and employers
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities
- Participates in in-service training and conferences related to the programs
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations policies work procedures and instructions
- Complies with the various federal state or local laws that apply to and regulate their job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Advance Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Partnership & Relationship Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers phones photocopiers filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires primary residence within the state of Georgia. Exceptions may be possible based on residence proximity to a metropolitan area where Inspiritus provides Refugee and Immigrant Services programming. Inspiritus Georgia-based Refugee and Immigrant Services offices are in Atlanta and Savannah.
Regularly required to talk and hear in person and on the telephone. Required to stand walk sit use hand to finger handle or feel objects tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms to operate computer and other office equipment. Employees frequently lift and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Up to 25 %
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma and minimum of two years of previous direct work experience in administrative setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to balance the needs of the client and the employer
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner
- Excellent computer skills accurate typing and knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates or bachelors degree
- Familiarity with nonprofit databases
- Experience with human services programs
- Reads writes and speaks a relevant foreign language
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable): N/A
AAP/EEO Statement : N/A
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.