Job Responsibilities : Family Advocate
Salary : n
Company : South Central Community Action Program, Inc.
Location : South Central Community Action Program, Inc. in Bloomington, IN 47404 US
Educational requirements : High School
***up to $2000 Hiring Bonus within first 90 days contingent on satisfactory performance.***
South Central Community Action Program (SCCAP) is seeking a Family Advocate for our Head Start program in Monroe County. SCCAP is a non-profit social service agency that works to provide opportunities for low-income individuals and families to achieve personal and economic independence.
An Head Start Family Advocate provides case management to assist families in meeting their family goals and needs for social and other essential family support services. Family Advocates are to be qualified motivated and well-equipped professionals that want to facilitate child enrollment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Interview family and assess strengths and needs and develop a family centered partnership plan agreement with the family identifying and establishing goals
- Monitor goal accomplishments of families throughout their participation in the program. Assist families to meet milestones/objectives that lead to goals accomplishment
- Advocate on behalf of enrolled families by identifying making referrals to procuring and/or coordinating community resources and services available to families considering eligibility criteria. Follow-up on referrals
- Maintain organized case files enter information into designated computer databases as needed
- Document each family contact and all internal services provided to families as well as all external referrals for service
- Develop and implement a plan to improve attendance on children with repeat absences
- Assist with planning and implementation of parent training and activities
- Assist in completion of all internal reports and coordination of referrals for child abuse
- Complete and submit all weekly monthly quarterly and annual reports as directed
- Conduct a minimum of two home visits per family each school year and as needed
Education Requirements include:
High school diploma or equivalency and within eighteen months of hire obtain a credential or certification in social work human services family services counseling or a related field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All clients and staff are required to wear a mask curbside pickup available common surfaces are sanitized regularly. COVID Vaccination is Required.
Work Location: One location