Job Responsibilities : Office Support Associate – McKinley Health Center
Salary : $32000 Per Year
Company : Universtiy of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Location : 901 W Illinois St, Urbana, IL 61801 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Office Support Associate – McKinley Health Center
McKinley Health Center
The function of an Office Support Associate is to perform clerical and reception duties and assist the staff in meeting the day to day operation of the clinic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls refer questions to providers as appropriate and relay messages.
- Make appointments cancel and reschedule when necessary.
- Sign in scheduled and walk-in patients.
- Pick up mail and distribute to respective providers.
- Duplicate or copy materials as needed.
- Assess need for and order office supplies from Business Office.
- Assist in gathering specific clinic statistics.
- Make outside referral for providers as instructed.
- Assist in new employee orientation to the unit.
- Work in other units as necessary.
- Greet and direct patients as appropriate.
- Keep work areas and sign-in desk clean and orderly.
- Document all cancellations and DNKAs appropriately.
- Participate in continuous Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Responsible and accountable to support and ensure a culture of safety quality and risk management including compliance with ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned; these vary depending on the specific unit to which person is assigned.
- Standing : Occasionally
- Walking : Occasionally
- Stairs : Occasionally
- Sitting : Frequently
- Lifting/Carrying : Rarely
- Talking : Frequently
- Hearing : Frequently
- Repetitive Motions : Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination : Frequently
- Visual Acuity : Frequently
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) : Frequently
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Any one or combination totaling eighteen (18) months from the categories below:
A. College coursework in any curriculum as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
– 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
– Associate’s Degree (60 semester hours) equals eighteen months (18 months)
B. Work experience performing office/clerical activities including the use of computer systems.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 0846 – Office Support Associate position appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 1/9/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on 01/05/2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position please contact Tiffany Rice at email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures COVID-19 vaccination requirement and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1013959
Job Category: Administrative Support
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu