Job Responsibilities : Community Employment Associate
Salary : n
Company : State of Indiana
Location : Elkhart, IN 46516 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
At the State of Indiana we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming accessible and equitable workplace with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of a role.
Next Level benefits at the State of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package offerings below.
About the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD):
Our mission is to develop a premier workforce that will allow Indiana employers to flourish and entice businesses from outside our state to relocate to Indiana. Everyone at DWD will be required to think outside-the-box; to determine metrics that will allow for measurement and improvement and efficiencies to be made along the way. Cutting edge technologies will be utilized to help assess Indiana’s employment future. If managed properly Indiana’s workforce will be second to none and completely prepared for the next phase of the state and country’s economic growth.
This role is typically filled with a starting salary of $37648.
About the Job:
As the Community Employment Associate you will be responsible for assisting with client application processing and getting clients to the appropriate WorkOne Representative. In this position you will assist with gathering materials for presentations and other administrative needs of the WorkOne office.
A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Assist clients by answering questions related to WorkOne services and routing them to the appropriate representative.
- Assist clients with filing out initial application in the WorkOne system.
- Assist with tours and informational overview(s) of the office business activities and assets of the system for local state and federal officials.
- Assist with job/hiring fairs events and materials for talent recruitment.
- Provide technical assistance for customers using automated systems including all ICC (Indiana Career Connect) programs.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You’ll Need for Success:
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Must have a High School Diploma or a High School Equivalent (HSE).
- Ability to adapt to policy changes.
- Ability to prioritize and be detailed orientated.
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact with different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage relationships motivate and assist customers at various levels.
- Ability to utilize State’s current client services program system.
- Basic knowledge of utilizing Microsoft Programs such as Word Excel Power Point Outlook.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well as vision and dental plans
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan and gift cards)
- Health savings account which includes bi-weekly state contribution
- Flexible work scheduling options including the potential for hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust comprehensive program of leave policies covering a variety of employee needs including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation personal and sick leave time off
- 12 paid holidays 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.