Job Responsibilities : ACCOUNT CLERK I
Salary : n
Company : Fresno County
Location : Fresno County, CA US
Click Here : Apply Now
2% effective 1/23/23
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The County of Fresno is offering exciting and challenging career opportunities for individuals interested in the position of
Account Clerk I.
Account Clerks are responsible for maintaining a variety of financial records; posting expenditures receipts or other data to appropriate ledgers or accounts; reconciling bank statements; maintaining running balances of accounts and fund ledgers; checking and verifying expenses; and checking for completeness and accuracy and comparing information on different reports lists and forms. Although the majority of the work will involve performing bookkeeping activities incumbents may be called upon to complete general clerical tasks.
TELEWORK AVAILABILITY (Remote work options) Some departments may offer telework opportunities which are dependent upon departmental directives. Candidates invited to interview for open positions may confirm availability of telework opportunities and discuss details with each hiring department.
: The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill vacancies in departments Countywide. Additionally the eligible list may be used to fill both extra help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
As a condition of employment some departments may require candidates to undergo and pass a background investigation and/or polygraph examination. These investigations include employment/credit histories verification of education arrest/criminal records drug/alcohol use and personal conduct. This list is neither inclusive nor exclusive; other relevant areas may be investigated and verified.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please click here to view the Samples of Duties.
Please click here to view the Knowledge Skills and Abilities.
Experience: One (1) year of full-time paid work experience which involved reviewing financial records or processing financial transactions.
Education: Completion of fifteen (15) semester units of coursework that is acceptable within the United States’ accredited college or university system.
Certification: Possession of a certificate of completion from an accounting account clerk bookkeeping or closely related program that is acceptable within the United States accredited college or university system.
In addition to the options listed above the following may be required:
License: Possession of a valid Class “C” driver’s license or equivalent may be required.
Note: Incumbents may be required to obtain and maintain Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice clearance as a condition of employment.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE NOTE
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current complete and accurate; amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Please fully list your work experience including current position. Failure to list current complete and accurate work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) may result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school’s name school’s location the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter) and if applicable the type of degree earned (bachelor’s degree master’s degree etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application may result in the disqualification of your application.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States’ accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788 Attn: Jose Rubio; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying units.
- If you are qualifying via option 3: certification you must attach a copy of your certificate of completion from an accounting account clerk bookkeeping or closely related program that is acceptable within the United States accredited college or university system. You may attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788 Attn: Jose Rubio; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov.
- Online Examination – The examination for this recruitment will be offered in an online format. Please indicate on the supplemental questionnaire if you have the ability to complete an online examination.
- Certify without Examination – In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212 the competitive examination process will be waived and the names will be certified without an examination.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Fresno County Employment Application – must be current complete and accurate; amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
- Supplemental Questionnaire.
- If applicable a copy of your certificate of completion from an accounting account clerk bookkeeping or closely related program that is acceptable within the United States accredited college or university system.
HOW TO APPLY
ine only. An online application may be found at: http://fresnocountyjobs.com
Open Job Information Flyer and click Apply to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions (such as the formatting of work experience) may result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. Mail from Human Resources are not forwarded (Return Service is requested therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees the County of Fresno complies with all Federal State and Local Orders related to COVID-19 including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race color religion sex national origin age disability sexual orientation gender gender identity gender expression marital status ancestry medical condition genetic information or denial of medical and family care leave or any other non-job-related factors.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS – The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application examination or selection process may contact
Human Resources at (559) 600-1830
at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.