Job Responsibilities : Emergency Communications Specialist Trainee
Salary : n
Company : Washington County Government
Location : 100 W Washington St, Hagerstown, MD 21740 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Emergency Communications Specialist Trainee
While other Employers might offer competitive pay Washington County Government offers a full comprehensive compensation package worthy of your time and talents.
Please take a look at what you can expect to earn as an Emergency Communications Specialist Trainee during your first year as a full-time Employee with Washington County Government:
- Six (6) Paid Personal Days
- Ten (10) Paid Vacation Days
- Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays plus; Three (3) Partial Paid Holidays.
- Fifteen (15) Paid Sick Days
- County and Employee funded Healthcare including Health Prescription Dental and Vision Coverage
- County Paid Employee Assistance Plan
- County Paid Life Insurance
- County Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- County Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Up to $2500.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- County and Employee funded Defined Pension Plan
- Vested in just five (5) years.
- Credit for Prior Active Military Service and Unused Paid Sick Days.
- An Annual Salary:
Emergency Communications Specialist Trainee – 8 (1). Projected annual pay of $41233 (based on an hourly rate of $18.88 with a projected schedule of 2184 annual hours worked which includes schedule-based overtime). Effective 12.24.22
Emergency Communications Specialist I- 9 (1). Projected annual pay of $44488 (based on an hourly rate of $20.37 with a projected schedule of 2184 annual hours worked which includes schedule-based overtime). Qualified candidates must be cleared in the discipline of call taker. Effective 12.24.22
Emergency Communications Specialist II – 10 (1). Projected annual pay of $48091 (based on an hourly rate of $22.02 with a projected schedule of 2184 annual hours worked which includes schedule-based overtime). Qualified candidates must be cleared in two discipline categories (call taker police or fire/EMS). Effective 12.24.22
Emergency Communications Specialist III – 11 (1). Projected annual pay of $51891 (based on an hourly rate of $23.76 with a projected schedule of 2184 annual hours worked which includes schedule-based overtime). Qualified candidates must be cleared in three discipline categories (call taker police and fire/EMS). Effective 12.24.22
- 24-hour work schedule available.
If our Emergency Communications Specialist Trainee comprehensive compensation package interests you please continue reading through our job posting to learn more about the position’s duties responsibilities prerequisites etc. and apply online today.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (TRAINING):
Receives extensive training to appropriately process 911 calls transfers calls to the appropriate law enforcement or fire/EMS dispatcher with the least possible delay. Responsible for updating incidents utilizing the computer-aided dispatch system when additional information is received from callers.
ESSENTIAL TASKS (TRAINING):
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Receives all 911 calls for Washington County including the City of Hagerstown.
- Refers non‑emergency requests to the correct telephone number.
- Receives reports of fire medical and police emergencies and utilizes computer-aided dispatch (CAD). Processes the information and provides rapid delivery of emergency services.
- Provides emergency medical fire and police pre‑arrival and/or post‑dispatch instructions over the telephone.
- Records a daily log of 911 calls and utilizes CAD. Maintains records of fire EMS and law enforcement activity.
- Operates various types of communications equipment and software in a calm and competent manner including computer telephony integration and criminal information database systems protocol and mapping software Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) etc.
- Assists with compilation of various reports and statistical data as required or upon request.
- Receives calls related to after-hour Public Works matters and notifies appropriate supervisors.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent spelling skills.
- Standard computer keyboard proficiency is needed to successfully adjust to the department’s CAD system.
- Ability to remain calm in an extremely stressful environment.
- Ability to get along with and to successfully communicate with co‑workers the public and media representatives.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accurately read maps and to give directions.
- Basic computer and data processing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain Emergency Medical Fire & Police Dispatch certification offered by the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch.
- Criminal records check and detailed background investigation required.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Training position only.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Must have the use of sensory skills to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public using the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see (does not suffer from color blindness) read talk hear handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as but not limited to a personal computer calculator copier and fax machine. Some standing walking moving climbing carrying bending kneeling crawling reaching and handling pushing and pulling.
NOTE: Hearing tests are included in pre-employment physicals and will be given to employees in this classification on a regular basis.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Easy Ways to Apply:
Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department
100 W. Washington Street Room 2300
Hagerstown Maryland 21740
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350 Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
Thursday December 29th 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41233.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location