Job Responsibilities : Credentials Evaluator (Admissions Credentials Representative)
Salary : n
Company : Indiana University
Location : Hybrid remote US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS (IN-INTP-IUINA)
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age gender gender identity sex race religion color disability protected veteran status sexual orientation national origin or any other legally protected category.
For information about the department please visit: Office of International Affairs at IUPUI.
The Credentials Evaluator performs a variety of administrative duties related to the initial assessment and review of international applications for admission into Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis and the maintenance of academic records.
- Reviews credentials from international high schools colleges and universities advanced placement tests and other college credits to determine if and how they transfer to IU curriculum standards.
- Performs credential evaluations to equate international qualifications and academic performance with US educational standards by researching international education systems including accreditation status by using a variety of both on-line and printed resources.
- Determines admissibility of applicants along with scholarship eligibility after the admission file is complete and communicates admissions decisions to the applicant.
- Follows current business practices to ensure compliance with IUPUI and Department of Homeland Security policies and regulations and is expected to keep current in the field of international credential evaluation practices.
- Checks student’s eligibility for degree; profiles institutions candidate has attended.
- Determines admitted student eligibility for visa-enabling documents by reviewing financial statements and passport information.
- Serves as primary contact for international graduate applicants about admission requirements deadlines program requirements and application status via phone in person e-mail and automated admission letters.
- Monitors admissions workflow and processes closely and reports to supervisor when issues arise.
- Performs daily quality control review of work completed to ensure evaluations are correct and appropriate admissions decisions have been made and that applicants are coded correctly in university information systems regarding applicant type admit status visa status scholarship award etc.
- Serves as a resource to students and university staff concerning international graduate admissions evaluations processes and procedures.
- Responsible for staying current in the foreign credential evaluation field by watching a minimum of 6 webinars per year or by reading an equivalent number of on-line evaluation resources and documenting notes on the department’s shared U drive.
- Attends international graduate team meetings and participate in discussion of factors determining admissibility of applicant.
- Performs other special duties may be assigned.
- Cross trains and supports international undergraduate admissions application and admission process as directed by supervisor.
- Reviews prospective students’ application materials and applies appropriate criteria to determine if they are suitable for admission action; enters information into the appropriate database
- Completes route sheets with an overview of candidate’s background; checks student’s eligibility for degree; profiles institutions candidate has attended.
- Calculates candidate’s grade point average explains foreign institution’s grading scale; evaluates on candidate’s English ability standardized test scores and produces transfer credit reports for students ensuring that work done on other campuses appears on IU transcript.
- Forwards information and recommendations to appropriate department and notifies candidate as to status of their application.
- Assists with the evaluation of programs where IU students are studying; ensures that these programs are accredited; and notifies students of program status.
- Trains and oversees international and/or domestic staff; serves as resource on questions regarding policy and procedures.
- Maintains and updates databases on foreign institutions ensuring that information used to evaluate applications is accurate.
- Responds to phone inquiries for information on process or status of application and assists international and/or domestic students in completing application process.
- May provide guidance to other admissions credentials representatives.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years office or related experience
- Experience working with complex data and/or records services in a team environment
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to interpret federal state and institutional rules and regulations and required procedures associated with compliance required
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Office of International Affairs
IUPUI Indianapolis Indiana
After an initial period of in-person onboarding and training the person in this role will have the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work) subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs.
Salary range: $34000 – $36000 per year
For full-time staff employees Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance LTD and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Admissions & Recruitment
Click here to learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g. the ability to travel from one campus to another etc.). If you are invited for an interview please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University’s COVID-19 vaccine policy which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age ethnicity color race religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression genetic information marital status national origin disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities including employment and admission as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report containing policy statements crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.