Job Responsibilities : Central Maine Medical Switchboard Operator
Salary : $38000 Per Year
Company : Sodexo
Location : Lewiston, ME 04240 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
DAY shift- Every
other weekend rotation.
***IMMEDIATELY eligible for Health Insurance Benefits!***
Work in Lewiston- convenient to bus route-downtown amenities.
- Affordable Medical Insurance Premiums!
- Company Matching 401K Retirement Benefits!
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options!
- Paid Time Off and Perfect Attendance Program!
- Comprehensive Shift Differentials and Extra Pay for Weekends/Holidays
You would work in a small switchboard department answering and directing in-coming calls at Central Maine Medical Center.
About SODEXO: Improving Quality of Life of our patients is our primary focus!
Our team members play a very important role in the healing processes of our patients health care professionals and loved ones. Clients and consumers are at the center of everything we do.
Patient Experience is the heart of everything we do and based on the 5 key behaviors below:
- COMPASSION: Demonstrate care and sensitivity in words and actions.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Be responsible for the outcomes and the results of actions.
- RESPECT: Have objective unbiased consideration and regard for the rights values beliefs and property of all people.
- ENTHUSIASM: Create great excitement and interest in creating exceptional experiences for customers at all levels.
- SERVICE: Commit to deliver outcomes that exceed expectations.
ANYWHERE in the WORLD!
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Operates a telephone console or switchboard to route incoming calls to the appropriate party.
- Receives and relays messages.
- May operate a paging system.
- May be asked to log calls and perform follow-up.
- May supply information to callers and record messages.
- May perform additional clerical duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality service and problem resolution.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner and identifies and corrects unsafe work conditions with management oversight.
- Complies with all Sodexo and client HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Attend training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights weekends and some holidays.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email texting etc.).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral written organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- High School diploma GED or equivalent experience.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers vendor representatives supervisors managers customers and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Close vision distance vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach bend stoop push and/or pull and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however may participate in outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings holidays weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is primarily in a controlled temperate environment; however may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).