Job Responsibilities : SUPV CUSTOMER SERVICES EAS
Salary : n
Company : United States Postal Service
Location : 5284 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA 30126 US
Educational requirements : High School
United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 11187354
If this job requires qualification on an examination the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
12/13/2022 – 12/17/2022
SUPV CUSTOMER SERVICES
5284 FLOYD RD SW
MABLETON GA 30126-9998
Selecting Official Contact: Willie Reeves
TITLE: SUPV CUSTOMER SERVICES
GRADE: EAS – 17
FLSA DESIGNATION: Special Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 2310-0022
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Sunday/Wednesday
HOURS: 11:00 A.M. to 08:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: 78846 – 87440 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 125467
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience salary history and current postal pay policies.
We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance retirement plan savings/investment plan with employer
contribution flexible spending flextime scheduling of core work hours annual and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply
Eligibility is limited to current non-career Postal employees in the GEORGIA DISTRICT and individuals entitled to Veterans’
Preference. Applicants must be available for screening activities including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’
preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Current career postal employees are not eligible to apply
If you are a military veteran you must attach a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy #4) to your application under the
Veterans Preference tab.
Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System.
Applicants must be age 18 at the time of hire (or age 16 with a high school diploma)
All applicants must apply on line at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. Paper or
Emailed Applications for Employment will not be accepted in person or by email. You must have a valid email address to
apply as communication regarding employment opportunities examinations interviews and background checks will be
conveyed by email.
Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence especially if you
use SPAM blocking software use a yahoo or gmail account or use a work or military email address!
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks regarding this employment
opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in
disqualification for this opportunity.
Newly appointed EAS Grade employees are subject to a 365 day probationary period.
Applicants must demonstrate in writing the requirements listed on the announcement through a combination of education
training and experience. You may use both your Summary of Accomplishments and description of duties (under Work
Experience) to address each of the requirements listed.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will NOT be authorized.
May be required to work different schedule based on operational needs.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g. FBI
fingerprint check state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian) a missionary a student attending school in a foreign country a Peace Corps participant or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Supervises bargaining unit employees providing retail and/or delivery services at a Postal facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises city and/or rural delivery operations. Monitors clerks and carriers in the sorting and delivery of mail to ensure
adherence to applicable service standards. Conducts mail counts route inspections and route evaluations.
2. Supervises retail window services. Monitors clerks and customer interactions to ensure a positive customer experience.
Interacts with customers to provide services and respond to inquiries. Monitors retail stock equipment and supplies to
maintain established thresholds working with lead clerks and ensuring adherence to applicable Postal policies and
3. Coordinates work operations across multiple functional areas including retail delivery logistics and mail processing.
Maintains constant communications and builds relationships with diverse groups to coordinate work and foster a positive
4. Supervises bargaining unit employees and assigns work to maximize operational efficiency. Provides training and monitors
performance. Ensures overtime usage adheres to applicable local and national contractual agreements and Postal policy.
Conducts daily team meetings and stand-up talks with employees. Investigates grievances and responds to inquiries from
5. Manages employee attendance and reinforces attendance control policies to ensure accurate timekeeping and adherence
to Postal policies and procedures.
6. Uses delivery reports to identify and resolve deficiencies such as mail condition reports scanning integrity and delivery
compliance. Provides regular status reports to leadership.
7. Monitors employees and the workplace to ensure safe and efficient work practices. Identifies safety and health hazards
and takes action to resolve issues in a timely manner. Enforces zero tolerance policy for workplace violence and ensures
threat assessment procedures are in place.
Postmaster or Manager Customer Services or designated unit manager.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education training and
experience the following requirements:
1. Ability to communicate orally and in writing to facilitate individual and group discussions set work expectations coordinate
work and document events such as customer responses grievances and accident investigations.
2. Knowledge of delivery operations policies and procedures including route evaluations delivery services mail dispatch
and delivery sufficient to explain to others and answer questions about the operation.
3. Knowledge of retail window operations policies and procedures including window services retail supplies and equipment
sufficient to explain to others and answer questions about the operation.
4. Knowledge of the provisions of local and national bargaining unit agreements related to retail and delivery operations
including job bidding overtime and grievance arbitration sufficient to recognize and reinforce actions that facilitate
5. Ability to investigate troubleshoot and respond to customer inquiries related to retail and delivery products and services.
6. Knowledge of Postal policies and procedures related to scheduling leave usage and time and attendance sufficient to
recognize and reinforce actions that facilitate compliance.
7. Skill using computers sufficient to access data and generate reports.
8. Ability to read and interpret data reports and perform basic math computations sufficient to understand and explain how
the reports relate to day-to-day operations.
9. Ability to maintain composure de-escalate potentially contentious situations and foster positive work relationships in the
midst of stressful conditions disagreements and interpersonal conflicts.
10. Ability to adhere to applicable safety and health policies and practices and recognize potential safety issues sufficient to
identify and reinforce actions to mitigate risks.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Central Time of the posting’s closing date. Applicants claiming veterans’
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans’ preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application interview and/or
selection process please make your request to the examiner selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.