Job Responsibilities : Parks & Special Projects Worker
Salary : n
Company : City of Montrose, CO
Location : Montrose, CO 81401 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
The City of Montrose seeks a motivated and friendly individual to join our Public Works Team. This position will under general direction perform manual labor and equipment operation for the repair maintenance construction and turf management of parks sports complex cemetery recreation and open space facilities and infrastructure. Learns and adheres to city safety standards.
The Wage: The wage for this full-time position is $37223.34 / annually.
- Perform manual labor and equipment operation for equipment associated with the repair turf management maintenance and construction of parks sports complex recreation and open space facilities and infrastructure.
- Install adjust maintain and repair city irrigation systems including timers valves and controllers; repair a wide variety of sprinkler heads and lines; locate and repair water breaks.
- Inspect clean and repair playground equipment picnic tables barbeques and other related equipment and facilities.
- Operate maintenance equipment and power tools including dump trucks backhoes front loaders mowers edger’s and blowers; maintain hand tools and assigned equipment.
Why We Are Amazing:
At the City of Montrose you’ll find a culture of creativity and innovation where being open to new ideas can only encourage and foster our service environment. That’s why our core beliefs are focused on transparency leadership professionalism and exceptional service offered with high integrity allowing our citizens and fellow teammates to grow in confidence.
Some of our perks include flexible scheduling discounted Community Recreation Center membership(s) and free Black Canyon Golf Course employee membership.
Our benefits include affordable medical dental and vision plans; annual employer HSA contributions; 8% retirement plan match; generous vacation and sick leave; annual employee leadership training; higher education and certification reimbursement; and opportunities for individual growth and learning throughout the organization. For more information on our benefits please review the attached benefits guide. This information is disclosed in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); supplemented by specialized training in construction and maintenance of parks facilities.
- Four (4) years of responsible experience performing public works operations construction and maintenance work in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Requires ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- This position is subject to non-standard working hours including nights weekends and holidays.
- Current Colorado Class A or B Commercial Driver’s license preferred; must be able to obtain within 90 days of start date; must have acceptable driving record.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Late applications will not be accepted. All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen. The City of Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.