Job Responsibilities : Admin Asst
Salary : $38000 Per Year
Company : Edward-Elmhurst Health
Location : 801 S Washington St, Naperville, IL 60540 US
Click Here : Apply Now
Working independently with minimal supervision performs relatively complex administrative support duties including creating and preparing routine materials and proofreading verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity. Utilizes advanced microcomputer software skills to prepare complex correspondence reports charts tables forms and presentations. Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors and telephone calls scheduling appointments and organizing workload to meet established priorities. The following are general characteristics of this job although duties may vary by assigned department.
It is the obligation of each employee of Edward – Elmhurst Health to abide by and promote the mission and values of the System to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions as defined by the ADA except those that begin with the word May.)
- Utilizes Microsoft Office software to update and maintain assigned areas’ computer system and files necessary to support information requirements of assigned management and/or staff.
- Organizes workload to comply with deadlines and priorities works independently to complete routine department or unit duties and prepare routine correspondence reports forms and the like for review by management.
- Types and/or creates complex and routine correspondence reports various forms tables pamphlets etc. from rough draft handwritten notes or general verbal instructions and makes changes in grammar punctuation or spelling as needed. Proofreads and edits drafts and final materials for appropriate and consistent format accuracy of financial figures or other data and correct punctuation spelling and grammar. Composes routine correspondence.
- Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and notifies appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to general inquiries concerning department activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Arranges meetings and conferences schedules appointments and completes travel or conference arrangements. May maintain personal calendar for assigned personnel.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems; classifies sorts and files correspondence records and other documents. Opens sorts and distributes mail.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for assigned areas including compiling data making projections and recommending service levels and enhancements; ensuring the department remains within approved budget allocations
- Records transcribes and distributes minutes for committees as assigned.
- Maintains logs and records of department activities. Creates and generates reports containing various data such as patient acuity levels payroll summaries financial information productivity and the like.
- Performs related general duties such as monitoring and ordering standard office supplies equipment maintenance collating and assembling documents accepting and delivering interdepartmental correspondence and so forth.
- Recommends improvements to processes to enhance department efficiency.
- Conducts research on office products vendors articles etc.
- May perform department specific duties as directed such as:
Preparing physician and department staff payroll sheets and/or call schedules
Creating audiovisual materials for education and administrative use
Coordinating volunteer schedules
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education Experience and/or Skill Required:
- Minimum three years of previous experience in an administrative support role
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook Word Excel and PowerPoint. See attachment for minimum Computer Skills requirements.
Education Experience and/or Skill Preferred:
- Associate’s Degree
- Some secretarial school and/or certification
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · CLINICAL INTEGRATION
Schedule: Full time Days 8am-5pm