Job Responsibilities : Administrative Coordinator
Salary : n
Company : New Door Ventures
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
About the Organization:
New Door Ventures is an early intervention employment and education program for high-potential transition-age youth (TAY) ages 16-24 who reside in Bay Area communities facing elevated levels of youth disconnection socioeconomic challenges and community stress.
Founded in 1981 New Door Ventures was borne out of the belief that by providing resources for youth to build foundational education and job skills personal support mentorship and pathways to higher education and career opportunities these young people can experience greater success in adulthood. Our strategies provide educational and economic mobility for TAY facing significant barriers to obtaining and retaining unsubsidized employment empowering youth make successful transitions to adulthoods marked by economic independence and engagement with their community.
Since 2005 we have served more than 5000 and directly employed over 2700 TAY through our workforce readiness programs with demonstrable long-term impact. According to California’s Employment Development Department (EDD) 74% of our program graduates are employed 3 years after program exit — significantly higher than youth who began but did not complete the program (52%) and all California youth ages 16-24 (40%). EDD wage data also demonstrates that youth who completed our program have higher average annual earnings of 40% one year after program completion and 200% two years after program completion than the year prior to entering the program.
About the Team:
New Door’s Operations team is critical to the success of our program staff and youth participants. Providing support to the program team in administration facilities finance human resources and IT the team works across regions and takes seriously the responsibility for “keeping the lights on” for New Door Ventures. Together they equip program staff with the tools they need to have outstanding impact for the TAY we serve and experience an efficient supportive work environment.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will self-identify as organized efficient and adaptable and be comfortable managing up down and sideways. The Administrative Coordinator plays three key roles: 1) facilities and operations support 2) technology communication and Microsoft systems management and 3)) administrative executive support. The role is hands-on and in-person four (4) days weekly: two in New Door’s San Francisco (Mission District) headquarters two in our Oakland City Center office and a work remote day.
This new hire will play a key role as we build our infrastructure to match the size strength and quality of our programs. They are responsible for day-to-day operations of the organization including administrative and information technology functions. The role engages with our board of directors taking responsibility for ensuring board meetings are visioned calendared coordinated and executed without a hitch. This is a full-time exempt position reporting to the Operations and Finance Manager with a dotted line reporting relationship to the CEO for executive administrative and board liaison responsibilities.
What Success Looks Like:
The ideal candidate will be operationally strong tech-savvy and an excellent communicator who thrives when ensuring systems flow smoothly and our staff has what they need to achieve maximum impact. When the Administrative Coordinator is successful the following will be true:
- Staff technology works well and is well understood
- Office supplies from snacks to toner and paper towels to laptops are fully stocked
- Regular building maintenance is calendared and unexpected service calls are prompt
- Team celebrations happen regularly
- Guests and youth are welcomed warmly into our spaces
- Office safety protocols are distributed and observed
- Organization calendars are up to date and easily accessed
- New Door Stakeholders from youth through staff to board can access and navigate New Door spaces & expectations easily
Office Administration and Operations Support:
- Calendar management for organization-wide meetings and special events
- Maintain New Door Ventures Operations Manual
- Support organization-wide team building events including staff meetings retreats holiday celebrations birthdays anniversaries etc.
- Support staff with purchasing desk supplies with an eye to ergonomic health & wellness
- IT and Telecomm
- Primary contact with organization’s IT service provider to maintain the computer network email and other technology functions.
- IT management including Office 365 and SharePoint Onboarding new staff to technology systems
- Computer inventory management including scheduled purchasing in collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration. Assigning computers and other technology needs to new staff and replacing laptops for existing staff when needed
- Ensure the maintenance and operability of telephones machinery equipment and computers
- Coordinates all facilities supply needs for New Door sites ensuring offices are organized well-stocked and clean
- Makes budgetary recommendations for facilities needs in collaboration with the Operations & Finance Manager and within the established annual budget
- Liaise with facilities vendors to manage regular and emergency service needs
Administrative and Executive Support:
- Board Liaison
- Logistics lead for New Door Board meetings including calendaring materials preparation and distribution location and refreshments and managing technology
- Lead board communications including but not limited to memos emails board packets and meeting agendas
- Manage board documents and online file location
- Scheduling and administrative support for CEO
- Project management including proactive support of materials management and content
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of office administration experience non-profit knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills a builder of mutually beneficial relationships through effective communication and collaboration
- Adaptable able to perform to a very high standard in changing circumstances
- Positive socially capable and culturally competent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail highly organized
- Enjoys and is proficient at teaching systems to others
- Strong organizational and technical skills; a systems builder
- Project Management experience certification a plus
- Takes initiative and uses evidence to learn identifies ways to improve processes and comfortable making quick decisions with available facts
- Strong document creation skills and Microsoft Office experience PowerPoint presentation building expertise
- Proficiency and experience with data management software Salesforce and SharePoint a plus
- Excellent time manager; comfortable seeking information and asking for help when needed
- Desired but not required: Bilingual language capabilities preferably Spanish
The Administrative Coordinator will earn a starting salary of $60000.00 per year. Compensation is reviewed annually. New Door offers a generous benefits package including medical dental vision commuter benefits matched 403(b) retirement savings plan tuition support and PTO of ~36 days in the first year including 13 vacation days ~10 sick days and 13.5 company holidays.
New Door Ventures challenges staff professionally and provides ample professional development opportunities and on-the-job growth. The Workforce Development Instructor has a direct and significant impact on the lives of program participants ensuring they receive the highest quality most relevant work and life skill experience. New Door culture is stimulating and motivating populated with dedicated intelligent staff and a strong established leadership team.
New Door Ventures is a safe space for all regardless of race gender sexuality country of origin religion or ability. BIPOC LGBTQ++ and all Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. New Door Ventures is a 501(c)3 community-serving nonprofit and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to have a diverse team representative of the young people it serves.
How to Apply:
How to Apply: Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter letting us know why you think you’d be a great addition to our team. Please include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line and email the resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions sent without a cover letter will not be considered