Job Responsibilities : Admin Specialist III – Full-Time – Robert L. Taylor Community Complex
Salary : n
Company : City of Sarasota
Location : 1565 1st St Rm 110, Sarasota, FL 34236 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
To assist supervisor and/or department with a wide spectrum of clerical functions with a high degree of accuracy and neatness.
New Retirement Benefit
The City of Sarasota made the transition to become a
Florida Retirement System (FRS) employer effective December 1 2021. Most new employees with the City on or after that date will become compulsory members of FRS. To learn more about what this benefit may mean for you please visit MyFrs.com. Please note that if you are hired to work for the City of Sarasota as an FRS employer you will be asked to complete a form (Download PDF reader) to certify your FRS status as there may be an impact to any FRS benefit you are already receiving.
- Transcribes minutes of meetings and hearings.
- Develops final copy of a wide variety of correspondence and memoranda.
- Establishes and maintains cross-reference files and establishes file categories.
- Screens visitors telephone calls and incoming mail personally answering those inquiries that in the employee’s judgment do not require the supervisor’s attention.
- Makes appointments for the supervisor and reminds him/her of appointment or other matters that should be called to his/her attention; may manage calendar of supervisor.
- Prepares requisitions vouchers budget forms and other data.
- Handles confidential and other sensitive data.
- Acts as purchasing clerk for the department to which assigned.
- Types accounting and budgetary reports; special reports; letters and other material.
- Maintains a system of files and records for department’s use.
- Assembles and gathers data.
- Types and compiles special reports.
- Edits correspondence for grammatical correctness and punctuation.
- The intent of this class description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that would be required of classifications given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbent may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description.
- High School or GED.
- Three (3) years of general office experience utilizing secretarial and computer-related skills; or the equivalent in education training and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ability to type at the rate of 40 words per minute is required.
- Working knowledge of modern office procedures practices and equipment.
- Knowledge of general office computer skills.
- Knowledge of English arithmetic and spelling.
- Knowledge of the operations of City government including city-wide computer programs.
- Ability to develop final copy for signature by the appropriate and respective supervisory personnel utilizing either automated office equipment or transcription skills as required by the respective supervisor.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written directions.
- Ability to maintain complex clerical records and prepare reports from such records.
- Knowledge of basic cash handling and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials coworkers and the general public.
- Must have a high degree of clerical aptitude.
- Knowledge of the organization procedures and divisions.