Job Responsibilities : Admissions Representative, Campus Based – Savannah, GA
Salary : $45000 Per Year
Company : South University
Location : Savannah, GA 31406 US
Educational requirements : Graduate
Our 120-year story—past present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students faculty staff alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning.
Visit www.southuniversity.edu today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong Believe and Become a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
- includes domestic partner coverage
Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the University in accordance with state and federal accreditation and institution policies and regulations consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Admissions Representative is responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants. They will work interdepartmentally with student support services to ensure students are maintained and successfully matriculated.
Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development growth involvement and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs expected outcomes student services and financial consideration to students parents and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews pursue qualified candidates for enrollment and determine appropriateness of candidates for enrollment based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for admissions leadership.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings monthly at minimum with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses regional presentations training sessions orientation programs career days community outreach employer partnerships etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field and one year successful admissions or sales experience OR Associate’s degree and three year’s successful admissions or sales experience.(Salary level will be based on degree level).
- Sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term qualified individual with a disability means an individual with a disability who with or without reasonable accommodation can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person over the telephone through email video conference and other electronic means move about the office or school handle various types of media and equipment and visually or otherwise identify observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas cultures and perspectives can thrive.