Job Responsibilities : Background Investigator – OPS
Salary : n
Company : The State of Florida
Location : 200 E Gaines St, Tallahassee, FL 32399 US
Educational requirements : High School
Requisition No: 789877
Agency: Financial Services
Working Title: Background Investigator – OPS
Position Number: 43350001
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Posting Closing Date: 12/27/2022
*****OPEN COMPETITIVE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY*****
DIVISION: INVESTIGATIVE AND FORENSIC SERVICES
BUREAU: OPERATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES
CONTACT PERSON: EMPLOYMENT SECTION
200 EAST GAINES STREET
TALLAHASSEE FL 32399-0324
PHONE NUMBER: Job Line # 1 (850) 413-4063
THIS POSITION IS A POOL ANNOUNCEMENT.
MULTIPLE POSITIONS MAY BE HIRED FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
Serving and safeguarding the public and businesses operating in the State of Florida against acts of fraud arson and the misuse of state funds
The Division of Investigative and Forensic Services encompasses all law enforcement and forensic components residing within the Department of Financial Services. With this broad responsibility the division investigates a wide range of fraudulent and criminal acts including:
- Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Workers’ Compensation Fraud Investigations
- Fire Arson and Explosives Investigations
- Theft/Misuse of State Funds
- Fire and Explosives Sample Analysis
Available links to the Agency and Division:
- Division of Investigative and Forensic Services
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION SUBMIT A STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION ONLINE IN PEOPLE FIRST AND EMAIL IN A SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW. THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION CAN BE FOUND AT:
Email Address: email@example.com
This supplemental application MUST be received no later than five (5) business days after the closing date of this advertisement to be considered for this position.
- Valid Driver’s License from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Investigative background experience
- ACTIVE Florida Law Enforcement Compliance/Certification of Equivalency of Training from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- A degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience conducting fact-finding interviews with members of the public to gather information.
- Experience writing detailed analytical reports or analyses.
- Experience dealing with and analyzing large amounts of documentation.
Special consideration will be given to applicants with the following:
- Law Enforcement Background Investigative experience
- Bilingual verbal and written skills that meet a critical need of the agency’s mission
The hourly rate for this position is $25.00 per hour. The anticipated hours worked per week is 20-30 hours.
This position requires a security background check which includes a financial credit report fingerprinting and a drug screen.
Employees of the Department of Financial Services are paid on a monthly pay cycle.
Responses to qualifying questions must be clearly supported by the profile/application/resume and any omission falsification or misrepresentation in the answering of the qualifying questions will be cause for immediate elimination from the selection process.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include the following REQUIRED ENTRY LEVEL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic investigations techniques
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in English both verbally and written
- Ability to conduct fact-finding interviews and take statements.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning.
- Ability to analyze informed and determine its validity.
- Ability to write accurate investigation reports and present detailed presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with others.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality ethics and integrity
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to work in MS Window based operating environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office (word Excel PowerPoint) Internet and E-Mail
- Ability to work independently and securely with little day to day supervision
Brief Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment eligibility for sworn and nonsworn members who require access to sensitive or classified information in a non-biased clear and concise manner.
- Investigators will conduct interviews with the subject of the investigation references (both provided by the subject and those you develop independently) as well as neighbors coworkers supervisors friends and other associates as necessary.
- Investigators will conduct background investigations at places of employment residences law enforcement agencies (police agencies) courthouses mental health facilities financial education institutions or other record repositories as needed.
- Investigators report all obtained information in a clear and concise report on an issued government computer system.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455 F.S. Drug-Free Workplace Act.