Job Responsibilities : Human Resources Assistant
Salary : n
Company : City of Valdosta, GA
Location : Valdosta, GA 31601 US
This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the city’s human resource functions.
- Answer telephone and greets visitors; takes messages and makes appointments; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Support the recruiting/hiring process by posting jobs sourcing candidates forwarding applications processing job offers facilitating drug screens and background checks scheduling orientation etc.
- Coordinate Human Resources Events
- Complete employment verifications
- Enter employee information in database including employee onboarding personal information changes job changes etc.
- Maintain records of personnel related data in both electronic and paper format
- Maintain department files and records.
- Maintain sick bank program
- Assist in performing any audits and/or reports requested
- Complete requisitions for the payment of invoices
- Prepare and submit monthly department reports
- Maintain office supply inventory; reorders as needed.
- Perform related duties.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of city and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in problem-solving
- Skill in interpersonal relations
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer scanner fax machine and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in the provision of customer services.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution preferred
- One to two year’s related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Strong attention to detail in all tasks required
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality required
Please complete a City of Valdosta Application form and email it to email@example.com to be considered for the position you are interested in applying for. An application must be submitted for each position you are interested in. A resume and cover letter may be attached as additional information only. You may apply in person at the City of Valdosta Human Resources Department 216 East Central Avenue Valdosta GA 31601.
Sorry no phone calls please.
The City of Valdosta offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify employer. For more information go to http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees/e-verify-overview.