Job Responsibilities : Junior Designer
Salary : $88100 per year
Company : Hazel
Location : Remote US
About Hazel Health
Hazel Health was founded on the belief that access to healthcare should never stand in a child’s way of excelling. At Hazel Health we improve the health and well-being of children by leveraging innovative technology to make it easier for children to receive care from passionate licensed healthcare providers. Our telehealth solution benefits students parents educators and the community overall. We are dedicated to improving access and equity so every student has the foundation to succeed.
Join our unique team of leaders from technology healthcare and education all with proven track records for delivering sustainable successful services to transform the way students receive health services at school and at home.
The Role: Junior Designer
Location: Remote PST Preferred
About This Role
As Hazel’s first Junior Designer you will be working on a variety of projects ranging from creating branded marketing collateral to concepting illustrations and character designs to supporting merchandising and print orders event and presentation design support general marketing support tasks and more. This role will collaborate closely with Hazel designers and stakeholders across the Marketing and Product teams as well as with other Hazel teams across the company on a variety of projects and initiatives. In this role you will have an opportunity to bring fresh new creative ideas to the table and help to evolve the overall Hazel brand. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative self-motivated detail oriented and positive who is passionate about the Hazel mission. If this sounds like you please apply!
What You’ll Do
- Create a range of branded editable design assets to support with scaling efforts-think: print and digital marketing collateral newsletters presentation decks social graphics event graphics etc.
- Concept illustrations and character designs for a variety of scenarios that help to better explain Hazel’s product offerings brand story user personas/journeys and more!
- Think up creative and innovative ways to best present our Hazel offerings and student/district stories in collaboration with other teammates
- Maintain high res logos for each school district + archiving school district materials and stock photography in a central location
- Production-related tasks and print ship ordering support and tracking as needed
- Lead designer for PR/Event support (invites mailers social graphics presentation decks one pagers etc.)
- Be self-motivated and bring fresh new ideas and approaches to the table for marketing and design projects
- Logging projects in our project management tool and collaborating in a timely manner with stakeholders as needed
- Translation support for marketing materials through our translation tool
We are looking for diverse individuals who want to support our mission and values. Please consider applying even if you don’t fully meet 100% of these criteria.
- Portfolio of relevant design work
- 0-2 years of professional design experience
- Education background in design or related field
- Positive collaborative proactive attitude and attention to detail a must!
- Passion for the Hazel mission
- Knowledge of best practices for printing
- Experience in InDesign Photoshop Illustrator (Figma Asana Smartling are a plus!)
- Storytelling skills are a plus!
- Bilingual skills are a huge plus!
Hazel’s Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand align and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone’s personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people – our families and students our teammates our partners our neighbors ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous high-quality medical dental and vision coverage
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- Home office setup including a Macbook iPad (depending on role) and internet and phone reimbursement for remote positions
- A positive supportive and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company our solutions and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.
Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race color ancestry religion national origin sex gender identity sexual orientation age marital status disability status or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.