Job Responsibilities : Licensing Technician (Program Technician II 344589)
Salary : n
Company : Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
Location : 2420 Del Paso Rd, Sacramento, CA 95834 US
Click Here : Apply Now
The California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology is responsible for licensing cosmetologists barbers manicurists estheticians and electrologists as well as the establishments where the services are performed. The mission of the Board is to ensure the health and safety of California consumers by promoting ethical standards and by enforcing the laws of the barbering and beauty industry.
Job Description and Duties
The Program Technician II is responsible for evaluations customer service and support for examinations in licensing. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate licensing applications and the documents submitted with the applications for conformance to the Board’s laws and regulations to determine eligibility for the examination and/or licensure.
- Review additional documents submitted by the applicants/licensees such as letters name change requests and address change requests for valid information; key all applicant/licensee information including applicant’s qualifying documentation into the BreEZe system.
- Update BreEZe to reflect changes submitted by the applicant and generate deficiency letters to be sent to the applicant.
- Query licensing records on BreEZe to review statuses and notify the Enforcement Program when discrepancies are found on the application and/or Proof of Training.
- Respond to the more complex questions received via telephone and email from applicants/licensees concerning the status of their application and provide information regarding the application process. Interpret the Board’s laws and regulations to answer questions from applicants/licensees and the public.
You may apply for this position online on CalCareers the official California State Jobs Website https://www.jobs.ca.gov/.
Getting a job with the State of California is now simpler than ever. Start by creating a CalCareers account. With an account you can take state civil service examinations store different versions of your application apply for vacancies at 150 departments track your application status and save your resume all in one place.
Please review the minimum qualifications for the Program Technician II job classification here https://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/Pages/9927.aspx
You must meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible for this position.
Additionally California State jobs require that you take and pass exams for each job classification that you wish to apply for. Once you have passed the exam you will be placed on a list of eligible candidates and you may apply to any open job for that classification. The Program Technician II exam can be found here https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/0PBCS.PDF
More information on the California State hiring process can be found here https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHRPublic/Landing/NewToStateservice.aspx
Required Application Documents
The following must be submitted to apply:
- State Employment Application
- Cover Letter
- Supplemental Questionnaire
Your application documents may be submitted online using your CalCareers account or by mail or in-person at the addresses listed on the job posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $3373.00 – $4227.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location