Job Responsibilities : Clinical Services Representative 1
Salary : $37000 Per Year
Company : Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
Location : Baton Rouge, LA 70808 US
Educational requirements : High School
The CSR assists the clinical staff by performing a variety of clerical tasks that ensure the efficiency of the unit and provide outstanding customer service to our patients and visitors
- Orders and maintains an adequate quantity of forms supplies and equipment on unit.
- Maintains unit library information reference materials appropriate policy/procedure manuals (hospitals department regulating bodies government agencies).
- Accurately completes patient diet list
- Accurately enters patient charges via computer.
- Accurately and appropriately receives places and transfers phone calls and records and communicates messages; efficiently and accurately uses phones intercoms and computer.
- Maintains the patient chart and/or patient Kardex in the appropriate order and ensures that all forms are labeled with the correct patient identification label; ensures that the chart is prepared for transfer to Medical Records upon discharge of the patient.
- Understands discharge procedure and can communicate that procedure efficiently to patient/family.
- Accurately and in a timely manner transcribes physician orders and completes all necessary forms/referrals and communicates information appropriately-including computer/telephone requests for Housekeeping Linen Services Plant Operations Lab X-ray EKG etc.
- Accurately and timely manner records on the patient chart clinical data as instructed by the nurse or physician.
- Accurately and in a timely manner communicates all pertinent patient care information complaints and general environmental information (hazards breakage) to the Director/Charge Nurse
- High School or equivalent; medical terminology or Medical Assistant Training preferred.
The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System is a leading health care innovator in Louisiana and Mississippi. We bring together outstanding clinicians the most advanced technology and leading research to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality and safest care possible.
This commitment is grounded in a history that is more than 100 years old but reflected today by our strategic vision of transforming healthcare through superior performance and excellent patient care.
In the last fiscal year Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System had:
- 1747 Licensed Beds
- 65322 Discharges
- 44592 OR Procedures
- 10827 Full Time Employees
- 331360 Inpatient Days
- 1915 Active Medical Staff
- 229296 Emergency Visits
As a nonprofit mission-focused Catholic healthcare ministry we give special attention to our citizens who are most in need. During the most recent fiscal year we provided more than $39 million in unreimbursed care and community support to the underprivileged.
Our health system is one of the largest in Louisiana with hospitals clinics and physicians located throughout Louisiana and in Mississippi. In fact we provide care to almost half of Louisiana’s citizens and serve in Mississippi’s largest metropolitan area. Because of our size and the partnerships we have with other local organizations we are able to pool our resources and share cost and service efficiencies and learn from each other thereby accelerating our ability to improve care and solve challenges.
Since our founding in Monroe Louisiana in 1911 we have been blessed by the guidance of the Franciscan Sisters. Through their guidance and steadfast example we have committed to assure that we perpetuate their healing ministry for another hundred years. It is a noble purpose we strive to fulfill every day.
Headquartered in Baton Rouge Louisiana we serve patients across Louisiana and Mississippi through a network of hospitals clinics physicians elderly housing and integrated information system. Our health system has partnered with the State of Louisiana as it transforms its healthcare delivery system. The partnership includes inpatient acute care and primary care delivery in Baton Rouge and Bogalusa.
Following in the footsteps of our founders the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady our team members and physicians are called to provide high quality care and compassion to all people especially those most in need.
As we look to the future of our healthcare ministry we chart our course by “going where we are called.”