Job Responsibilities : OFFICE SECRETARY III
Salary : n
Company : State of Maryland
Location : Elkton, MD 21921 US
Educational requirements : High School
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students teachers principals and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Please make sure to select on the employment application for which location(s) you are willing to accept employment.
Montgomery County (2 positions available)
Main Purpose of Job
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Possesses experience with an electronic case management or similar software program.
- Possesses professional experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Possesses professional experience with medical/disability terminology and services.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage accidental death and dismemberment insurance and life insurance but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive Baltimore MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire this must be completed and sent in with your paper application if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application submitted to the fax number or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391 TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.